Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX

/ Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX #1  

csr0831

Silver Member
Greetings...

As some of you know I just purchased a new BX.....so far so good (only 1.5 hours so far). Now will come the parade of stupid questions until I get a feel for this thing. I'll try and keep them to a minimum.

I currently do not have any impliments that require the use of the three point hitch. To give me a little more room in the shed and so that they wont interfear with the cart that I tow, is there an EASY way to remove these arms? The top one is easy, the bottom two however.....I removed the "spacer" that keeps them spread apart on the shaft, but I do not see a direct, or easy way to remove them from that shaft without unbolting some things. I would reather NOT do that if I don't have to. Help would be appreciated folks. Thanks!:)

Chris

/ Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX #2  
unbolt? umm no. nothing to unbolt. with the turnbuckles loose- pull pin that holds "spacer" lift up spacer upwards and over to towards to and put on ground. silde rod off to one side and move collar inwards on rod. do same on other side. then you can lift whole assembly via the rod (careful its heavy and its can be a shin banger this way).

FYI there are no stupid questions. just people who dont want to ask because they feel its stupid. Its better to ask - its like nothing ventured - nothing gained. SO ask away! :thumbsup:

/ Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX
Ok...cool, that makes sense. I didn't realize the collar would move on the rod. Figured there had to be a simple way to do it...thanks radioman! : )

/ Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX #4  
Hey Guys,
Not to Hi-Jack this thread but I'm having the same problem. Should I be able to slide that rod out through the frame so that It could hit the inside of the rear tire? The holes in the 3PH frame do NOT line up with the holes in the Tractor Frame. Like CSR0831 I don't want to go unbolting things that don't need unbolting!

Thanks
BN

/ Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX #5  
Hey Guys,
Not to Hi-Jack this thread but I'm having the same problem. Should I be able to slide that rod out through the frame so that It could hit the inside of the rear tire? The holes in the 3PH frame do NOT line up with the holes in the Tractor Frame. Like CSR0831 I don't want to go unbolting things that don't need unbolting!

Thanks
BN

There is a hole in a hole. The larger inner hole you fit the collar into. You use the smaller outer hole to allow you to slide the rod through a bit, then can clear the other side and put collar in, slide rod into collar. The small hole is offset a bit so the rod can't slide out when in the collar. To remove, take off the center spacer plate, you move the collars in a bit, then the rod can move up into the smaller hole. That way you can move it over a bit, the other side of the rod will clear the frame to the inside, then pull the rod back the other way and out.

I guess if you slid the rod through the hole far enough it would hit the tire, but no need to do that. Just slide far enough to get the clearance on the other end, then slide the other way...

Last edited:
   / Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX #6  
Wow, I think I made that sound really confusing... :eek:

/ Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX #7  
Golfaddict is right . No need to slide bar thru the hole. Just move bar in hole (will be big enough once collars is out) then angle bar towards you and silde everything out. easy as pie once you do it that way.

/ Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX
GolfAddict and radioman are exactly right....mine came out easy, then all I had to do was crawl inside and bandage my shins..........

/ Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX #9  
   / Removing 3pt hitch arms on a BX #10  
Hey All,

Sure the description was a little muddled but it gave me the idea that this wasn't nearly as hard as I was making it out to be.

I removed the 3ph bars in 2 minutes. So thanks!!

BN