bypass water pump on L5740 ??

/ bypass water pump on L5740 ?? #1  

PRF

Gold Member
Tractor
2012 Kubota L5740, 1970 IH 2444, John Deere x485
Can someone tell me if my tractor has a bypass water pump? I'm looking into putting a heater in the lower radiator hose and they state that a bypass is necessary, I assume so that the heated coolant can circulate and not blow a hose off ??

Also, what is the lower radiator hose size, guessing 1 1/2" ??

Thanks in advance for the answers, much appreciated..

/ bypass water pump on L5740 ??
Yes you have a bypass at the water pump... It is the small loop hose at the pump... Every engine with a thermostat has one...

Gotcha, thank you

/ bypass water pump on L5740 ?? #4  
Kubota sells a heater that replaces one of the frost plugs in the block. I have it on mine, and it does a nice job and heats the block quite quickly. I usually plug it in for a couple hrs when it's really cold.

/ bypass water pump on L5740 ??
Kubota sells a heater that replaces one of the frost plugs in the block. I have it on mine, and it does a nice job and heats the block quite quickly. I usually plug it in for a couple hrs when it's really cold.

That's the one I wanted origianally, but it seems like a pain to install where they want it on the right side of the engine.. I figured I'd get one that only requires slicing the bottom radiator hose and mounts inline... Tractor stays indoors, but not always heated, so it starts rough and smokes too much for my liking.. I figure if I heat up the coolant for a couple hours and expand things it'll minimize that issue..

/ bypass water pump on L5740 ?? #6  
On both my L5030 and the L5740, the OEM block heater is on the port side of the engine.