3130 Hydraulic Leaks

/ 3130 Hydraulic Leaks #1  

jsduke

Bronze Member
Tractor
PT-425 (Former Kubota L3130 HST)
Hello All!

Had a chance to go diggin' with the new toy... tool today. I enjoyed myself thoroughly! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Very capable indeed. But alas all is not well in my tractor world. Leaks! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The worst is the rh boom cylinder (or the hose/ fitting that extends the boom) on the loader. Dealer has been out twice, tightened some fittings problem still there(cylinder wet w/ fluid after use today).

I've also noticed fluid on the rh 3ph lift cylinder, the hydraulic outlet block that feeds the loader valve and the steering controller. Excepting the boom cylinder area, some of these may be spillage from dealer prepping. But that's what the dealer initially said was the reason for the boom cylinder fluid.

I hope my new Baby Grand isn't going to be a problem child. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
It's not even a week old. Any ideas or suggestions. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks.

duke.

/ 3130 Hydraulic Leaks #2  
Wash it real good and see if there is any additional leaking afterwards. That will eliminate any "dealer prep" possibilities. Not that it helps you any, but my L3130 has no leaks - at least not that I've noticed. I wash mine every other use of so, which makes it easy to spot any problems. I was washing it after every use, but that gets real old real fast in the Texas heat. Now I'm in the market for a pressure washer. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 3130 Hydraulic Leaks
Keith,

I'm with you on that. Washed the loader cylinder several times already. Dealer was here earlier today to address problem w/ loader leak. He disconnected the tubing from the support noticed some leakage while operating the loader and tightend all the fittings. He was satisfied. Subsequently I worked the tractor for 2 hrs and when I parked it the loader cylinder was wet again. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Actually it does help me to know that your 3130 has been tight and dry, for now I will accept nothing less.

Thanks.

duke.

/ 3130 Hydraulic Leaks #4  
Mine are bright and shinny all the time, so it would seem to be an issue with your loader. Glad to see that your dealer is coming out and at least trying to get it fixed. If I was the dealer I would also try several times to "adjust" the unit before having to replace it. I'm not sure what an acceptable - if any - amount of "leakage" is. Could be that mine is a one in a million that doesn't have some "blowby" - have to get some others to comment here.

I did notice that all the grease at the fittings, you know - that little dab of overflow when they fill them up - has just about melted off in the Texas heat. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 3130 Hydraulic Leaks #5  
I'm still fairly new to tractoring world. I have a 3130 HST with a Great Bend loader. The only leak I've had is when clearing trees (about 4" in diameter) one of them crushed the hydraulic filter on the right side. Other than that, I've had no problems with the FEL or 3130. To date I only have 21 hours on it, but they've all been wonderful.

/ 3130 Hydraulic Leaks #6  
Oh, oh. I've a 3410 with a front end loader, 2 years old, 200 hours, and no leak of hydraulic fluid anywhere in the tractor or loader. Keep your dealer involved until you are satisfied with the situation.

/ 3130 Hydraulic Leaks #7  
Duke,
I just remembered that I have a web site - so I can load the photo from here....

Front End Loader Connections

As you can see, there is no crimping on mine where the tubes go through the connector bar. I think you might be on to something - looks like they were a bit heavy handed with the wrench.

/ 3130 Hydraulic Leaks #8  
Duke, I hate to say this but you have a problem (possibly severe) with your hydraulic system. I just responded to your post about how your back blade drops when you use the loader. It should not, and you should *not* see leaks anywhere on a new tractor.

Can't remember who, but the person that told you to jump on your dealer, and *hard* was right. You have a great machine (or at least, it should be) and it doesn't leak. Especially not when it is new. If the dealer doesn't fix it soon, bump it up to Kubota's regional rep (and don't let them give you a hard time about using "non-Kubota" accessories - most of us do, with no trouble).

Good luck - hope you have a good dealer. If so, they should be able to make it right. Start making noise, and *document* all the problems along with attempted solutions...Chris