chipping away in maine

/ chipping away in maine #1  

searchforsimple

been making a mess clearing land for 2 months time to clean up

ForumRunner_20130427_204714.jpg

/ chipping away in maine #2  
Yes you have... is that a Bandit 65 chipper behind your Kubota?

What model Kubota?

/ chipping away in maine
Yep on the bandit. Kubota is a b2620. Tomorrow some tilling.

/ chipping away in maine #4  
Looks like a good match...

I would like to have both!!!

/ chipping away in maine #5  
Nice! I just chipped up my mess too (used pto chipper). I've used that model of bandit before, its quite a beast!

/ chipping away in maine #6  
I'd love to have a chipper. Do you own it or are you renting? I've seen a few for sail at the auction, but I don't know anything about them and I don't want to have to learn, so I just burn everything even though I would really like to have it chipped up.

Eddie

/ chipping away in maine #7  
If we could burn that would be the way to go...

The Bandits seem to hold value real good around here unless they have 50hp+ non-compliant Diesel and need to be re-powered.

They also get high marks for safety because the feed mechanism is instantly reversible...

Went to my Bandit Dealer to rent the small 65 model and when I got there they apologized and said they couldn't rent to me... we had talked on the phone and I had reserved one for the weekend... their policy is to only rent equipment to licensed contractors...

Since burning is out and hauling to the transfer station is expensive... I did what Eddie suggested a few years ago and pushed it all into a pit in the far corner of the property and covered with dirt...

/ chipping away in maine #8  
I really liked that bandit's feed system with the reversing lever, very safe and lets you avoid stalling it. they are big money and while i looked for a long time there didn't seem to be many deals. I instead got a pto model, which is much cheaper if you have a tractor. I can only do 4", but that lets me do 90% of what i need. The bigger wood can be used as firewood, burried, burnt or just left in the woods to rot. For me burning takes too long and has to be monitored... Though for a large clearing project it is the way to go.

/ chipping away in maine #9  
I would think all the non compliant diesel equipment would be making their way to other parts of the country by now.

/ chipping away in maine #10  
It's obvious that you have been working hard and doing it right. :thumbsup: Best wishes. I have never used a Chipper. I burn my Burn Pile twice a year.