The B2920 chronicles

/ The B2920 chronicles #1  

deathtoblackberries

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
Thought I would start a thread for B2920 owners, here's my opening salvo at the 15 hour mark!

1. No backhoe required I pushed this over with the FEL then got under it with the FEL teeth and ripped it out of the ground :punch:

bc2.jpg

2. Here's the new FEL tooth bar, no holes it pinches on the bucket with 4 large set screws.

bc1.jpg

3. I purchased the B2920 a little buddy, well not so little this thing weighs 300lbs and is half as long as the tractor. Craigslist for $550. So far its a brute, it will take up to 4" diameter branches, cutting area is about 4x8 inches drum style chipper with dual blades which are reversible. BIG hopper so I didn't have to waste time trimming every twig off branches yesterday I just crammed them in and this thing ate them. It self fed about 95% of what I ran yesterday. Previous owner said his brother sharpened the blades :duh: but its chipping the smaller to 2" stuff okay. I have new blades inbound. I decided not to go with a PTO chipper for two reasons, they are wicked expensive and I need both my backhoe and chipper at the same time. The only comparable new chipper is this China made DEK 15hp aka Sears, Home Depot, Lowes this machine is branded under about 8 different companies. Too many bad reviews and over double the cost.

bc4.jpg

Ahaha its an American Legend!

bc5.jpg

/ The B2920 chronicles #2  
Looks like a great rig. I opted for the 2620 TLB and use it for digging and burying stumps and brush. Blowing and plowing snow, digging up rocks in the field, using the fel as a powered wheel barrow, smoothing out my gravel/sand/rock driveway......anyway, you get the idea. I am sure I could exist without my tractor but not much would get done around here!

/ The B2920 chronicles #3  
I like the tooth bar. Where did you get it? It would look good on my new JD 2520 :)

/ The B2920 chronicles #4  
Had my B2920 about 3 years now and love it. Sure envy your backhoe!

Mine came with the sunroof... what a waste that was. After several tree limbs I just took it off and it holds up a fence now.

I do also like that toothbar. I wonder if the clamp on pallet forks would still fit over one of those? I use the forks for all kinds of things.

I also have a much smaller Troy Bilt chipper, purchased locally from craigslist. It has been very helpful.

/ The B2920 chronicles
I purchased the toothbar at Dan's Tractor in Battle Ground, WA but it has a design flaw. The bar is not custom fit for Kubota's, the set screws need to be moved back about 1/2 inch, in their current location they come down right smack in the middle of the weld for the leading edge of the bucket and will slip off that weld. I just had to move it forward off the weld as it came loose, its attached well now but the metal on the leading edge is thinner and the set screws are no longer long enough to put the cap nuts on so the set screws will pack in with dirt. I will say this however, I have worked that tooth bar hard, teeth down front of tractor off the ground scraping in reverse, prying stumps, breaking clay chunks out of the ground and its holding up well and no damage to the bucket.

/ The B2920 chronicles #6  
My 2008 b2920 story;

Was originally purchased brand new in October 2008 from Green Valley Kubota with front 51" industrial blower and quick hitch, hydraulic chute rotation and electric actuator chute deflector.

Was looking at the b3030 cab models but way too much $$ at the time so...

I called SIMS cab depot that is 20km from where I live and inquired about a cab. Response: model is too new; we do not have a cab for this model.

Opportunity!; I offer up my brand new tractor for cab mockup in return to get $$ off the production cab.

SIMS comes by picks up tractor has it for about 5 days and invites us to visit progress.

They return tractor unscathed and a month later I get the new cab with electric wiper and 3 speed heater.

Anyways this tractor was purchased to do residential contract snow removal doing up to 50 drives per snowfall over the last 5 winters and all I can say is WOW!

Great machine, plenty of power for size and have never run out of PTO HP seem to run out of traction first!

Current attachments;

51" blower
60" rear blade
60" box blade
PHD with 6-9-12" augers
60" front hydraulic kubota quick hitch blade

Negatives;

Rust on fenders from playing in the snow and salt

Near breakdowns;

2 bearings on main blower fan housing broke but did not ruin the fan. This is after 3 seasons of hard snow removal duty.

Overall a 10 and beyond for my use

/ The B2920 chronicles #8  
I was looking at the Kubota 2920 yesterday and looks very stout and love the larger tires over the BX I have.

My BX23 has never failed... sometimes out in the woods the smaller tires necessitate a careful plan of attack...

Are you guys running any type of pan underneath out in the woods for protection?

/ The B2920 chronicles
ultrarunner I'm clearing heavy brush and dead trees and limbs from my property but I'm not running any protective pans underneath and have had no problems. The B2920 has good ground clearance. The FEL offers good protection during frontal assaults on the brush. So far its worked perfectly, my only worry is stability and avoiding roll overs as my property is not level and I have found a few old stump holes lurking under the weeds and under brush so I'm filling and leveling as I clear and being careful. My rear tires are filled with beat juice by the way.