Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota L5240 HSTC, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)

Just don't beat it too hard or you will damage threads and such and the nut won't go back on. Yes a pickle fork is another route. Many parts stores loan tools like this for tree. Just put the nut back on a little bit so when it pops free it doesn't go flying and damage threads or you. If you have or rent/loan an air hammer that can help with a pickle fork roo, as they make air hammer attachments for them.

Good luck
    -Dave

"Being a pessimist is great. You can't lose. Either you end up being right...or you are pleasantly surprised."

L5240HST, QA, 824 Loader, 48" Forks, 48" Grapple, rear blade, box blade, landscape rake, Ancient Farmi Skidding winch
    Trailer - 10k/16' twin axle w/elec brakes
    2005 F250 5.4V8(3V) 3.73/4wd tow vehicle

Silver Member
    Tractor
    L2550

Default Re: 4330 leaking front axle

When you take the castle nut loose on the tie rod end turn it over and thread it back onto the tie rod stud. Do not tighten it but thread it on far enough to just barely not expose the thread. Hit the NUT with a hammer. This will most likely pop it loose and protect the threads. A pickle fork will most likely ruin the rubber seal so I would avoid that tool if at all possible.

Tractor
    Kubota L4330

ok, thanks for the help on the previous issue. Got off the tie rod end and got the whole steering assembly off the tractor and onto the workbench.
    I pried off the bottom cap and took out the snap ring and washer below the lower bearing. Now I can not get the lower bearing out of the steering assembly. I got the inner bearing out now problem. It just popped out after taking out the snap ring and washer.

Any advice on how to get this out? I tried prying it out with two screwdrivers as recommended in another thread. I also tried hitting the lip where it comes to a stop with some emery cloth. It slides up and down very easily, just the last 1/8" before the bottom of the assembly it seems to get stopped. I might have to pick up a bearing puller/slide hammer assembly.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Tractor
    L5450, L48, L3250, L345

With the drive flange and cover taken off (6 bolts + 2 nuts) you can use a prybar through the hole to push the gear down, pushing the bearing out. Use a rag so the prybar doesn't scratch the gear.

The lip probably just has paint on it - a file or scraper would work better.
    L5450, L48, L3250, L345, never enough attachments

Tractor
    Kubota L4330

The fun continues,
    I got the lower bearing out, took off the drive flange,
    Took out the snap ring about half way up, took out the axle and upper gear.

Now I am trying to get the upper and lower halves separated so that I can replace the "A" seal.

Any tips on getting those two separated? I have gotten them apart by about 1/8" so far with some pretty hard banging. Am I missing something?

I really appreciate the help so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12