BX BH Thumb worth it?

/ BX BH Thumb worth it?
If it's an after tractor purchase add on they minght be including some assembly charge in the quote. See what the 1,400 includes and if it includes assembly just take the parts, three splitrings, three pins and just a little grunt work and you'll have it on there.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #32  
If it's an after tractor purchase add on they minght be including some assembly charge in the quote. See what the 1,400 includes and if it includes assembly just take the parts, three splitrings, three pins and just a little grunt work and you'll have it on there.

Assembly and attachment of a SSQA takes about 10 minutes. $1400 is gouging, pure and simple.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #33  
Wow, if I'm reading right, both Soapandbacon and sea2summit paid around $850 for the QA and forks. That jives with the "build my kubota" pricing which last I looked was around $800 +/-. But, I thought I must be missing something to get a $1400 quote from my dealer. Actually $850 sounds cheap if that includes the QA, the carrier for the forks and 2 32" pallet forks. Can either of you confirm those prices are for all three (or four with 2 forks) pieces?

The quote was just for the forks and the fork backplate/carier, which by the way was not on the quick build kubota site....when I used the sitei think that the forks were like 350. So thought cool I'm getting those to, but that's when the dealer said, they are, but just the forks... You also need the backplate / carrier . I already had purchased my bx with the QA as part of the bucket deal so that's why it was not part of the 850, I bet if I was really nice I might be able to get a few more bucks off.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #34  
The prices are ridiculous for these BX forks. I guess I can see another mod coming up shortly. Here's the quote I got from the dealer.

Do you Have the Front Loader Bucket Q-Fit.
You Require the Q-Fit for Forks.
Q-Fit is $293.If you don't already have.
Pallet forks and Frame is $1073.00 Plus HST

/ BX BH Thumb worth it?
Well if you got the QA everything attachements has the forks for $750 complete Construction Attachments 42" Kubota BX series Pin-On pallet forks for LA203 and LA243 Loaders

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #36  
Well if you got the QA everything attachements has the forks for $750 complete Construction Attachments 42" Kubota BX series Pin-On pallet forks for LA203 and LA243 Loaders

Boy, spending $750 on forks for a BX is nuts. I recognize that includes shipping but a BX can use the lightest possible forks as the loader is just not strong enough to require anything else. The forks could be made of rectangular tubing and would do the job.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #37  

So, are you saying those pin on forks would work with the Kubota's new Quick Attach for FEL implements? I guess logically, if they would pin onto a none QA loader, they would match up with the new QA. I've never seen the QA in person so I don't have a firm pic in my head of how they work.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #38  
So, are you saying those pin on forks would work with the Kubota's new Quick Attach for FEL implements? I guess logically, if they would pin onto a none QA loader, they would match up with the new QA. I've never seen the QA in person so I don't have a firm pic in my head of how they work.

I haven't seen what you are describing but pin on implements generally don't fit on a QA adapter unless you remove the adapter first. However, if you only need the QA adapter for forks then you could save bucks by just using the pin on forks and not bothering with the adapter. It only takes a few extra minutes to attach the pin version so if you don't anticipate changing implements multiple times a day just going with the pinned system can work well, especially with a BX size tractor where you can easily manhandle the bucket into position or use a tapered pin to line things up.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #39  
I haven't seen what you are describing but pin on implements generally don't fit on a QA adapter unless you remove the adapter first. However, if you only need the QA adapter for forks then you could save bucks by just using the pin on forks and not bothering with the adapter. It only takes a few extra minutes to attach the pin version so if you don't anticipate changing implements multiple times a day just going with the pinned system can work well, especially with a BX size tractor where you can easily manhandle the bucket into position or use a tapered pin to line things up.

That's a thought, thanks. My guess is if it's not easy enough to switch between forks and FEL, I will find reasons to not make the switch when I should. I've never take my FEL bucket off, but I think I'll take a look to see what's involved. Anyway, not sure how we (me?) evolved this thread into a forks discussion from a backhoe thumb discussion.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #40  
That's a thought, thanks. My guess is if it's not easy enough to switch between forks and FEL, I will find reasons to not make the switch when I should. I've never take my FEL bucket off, but I think I'll take a look to see what's involved. Anyway, not sure how we (me?) evolved this thread into a forks discussion from a backhoe thumb discussion.

To remove the bucket, just take the clips holding the pins in place off then knock the 4 pins out. Done.

To attach the bucket or other implement just line the tractor up with the pins and jiggle the top pin in on each side. That can be done more easily if you have a tapered extra pin to help force things into alignment. Once the two top pins are in, just lift the implement and curl so the bottom pins are easy to reconnect. Half the effort will be getting the first top pin lined up, then 25% for the second top pin and 25% for the remaining two. Pretty simple once you've done it once and on the order of difficulty similar to hooking up a 3pt implement.