BX BH Thumb worth it?

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #71  
Also 4shorts, I'm about to drill my first holes in my ROPS to mount a chainsaw any tips or stuff I need to know?

It generally frowned upon to drill into the ROPS. Fashion brackets the clamp around it.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #72  
It generally frowned upon to drill into the ROPS. Fashion brackets the clamp around it.

AGREED! Don't drill. Clamp it. I'll admit there was a time I might have drilled a small hole or two in a ROPS but not anymore. In the event of a rollover your going to want that ROPS to be as strong as it was designed to be and without proper testing you or I don't know the effect the holes will have on the integrity of the ROPS.
CLAMP IT!

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #73  
The carriage says it weight 90lbs. right on it. When I weighed the forks they really came in at 81lbs. each. I also needed to order the large center pin from my dealer to put on my bucket( one came on the fork carriage, not sure if another one should have come with the QA). The forks came in 2 days, the pin ( pin 3) took a month and was on back order.
In response to some posters that think that it's too expensive, all I can say is "the heart wants what it wants" :)

Thanks again for the weight info - didn't realize the carrier states the weight right on it. I guess what's messing with my mind is that the Kubota version, with 32" forks, weighs more than the EA version with 42" forks.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it?
Had a chance to do a non-scientific study of this whole fork issue.

Results:
According to my bathroom scale these bricks weighed 15 pounds a pice, 30 bricks, 2600 rpm it didn't even feel it lifting or rolling (however my front turff tires didn't like it)
20130519_143657.jpg
20130519_143734.jpg

Here are 32 bricks on a standard pallet sense everyone seems concerned about 32" forks. It wouldn't lift this but it would roll not problem. Turf tires where on the rims. I'm totally convinced if I would have adjusted the load it would have lifted it just fine but the wieight was significantly "out there".
20130519_144528.jpg

All in all I have no disapointments, I think if I had R4s on it I would have felt better about the loads but other than that I think it functioned well within what I expect from this/this size tractor.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #75  
Check out the new BXpanded BARRACUDA BH thumb for the BX Series. Fits them all, including the BX25D. Like all of our other products, it's designed and built in-house, right here in the USA. You can see it here: Barracuda BH Thumb

Attachments

• BXpanded_120611.jpg
    BXpanded_120611.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Thumb 2.jpg
    Thumb 2.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 821
   / BX BH Thumb worth it? #76  
Check out the new BXpanded BARRACUDA BH thumb for the BX Series. Fits them all, including the BX25D. Like all of our other products, it's designed and built in-house, right here in the USA. You can see it here: Barracuda BH Thumb

Nice looking thumb. I like how it meshes with the backhoe teeth - better than my Bro-Tek version. Price looks attractive too. You should do well with those, except people with the new BX25D that opt for the factory thumb. Would be kind of a waste not to use the Kubota thumb mount that comes standard on the new BT602 backhoe. Good luck with sales of it.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #77  
The Bro-tek Thumb is a fine attachment. I have one on my Kubota and it really saves a lot of work. I primarily use it for moving and holding logs while I cut them into firewood, I also use it for moving brush and rocks. I can't imagine paying the extra money for the hydraulic thumb when the mechanical works so well. The hydraulics controlling the bucket provide the necessary hydraulic power for the mechanical thumb. Check out the video on the Bro-tek website then decide. I found Bro-tek excellent in both workmanship and customer service.

Attachments

• CIMG0708.jpg
    CIMG0708.jpg
    792.8 KB · Views: 1,225
   / BX BH Thumb worth it? #78  
From a Newbie.. I have a question! 2013 Kubota, BX25D. I have the mechanical thumb on it and use it lots for holding logs up to cut.
However, when I clamp onto a log, after 2 - 3 minuets, the pressure on the backhoe bucket will slowly let go and the log will become loose and start to move around or end up getting dropped. So, every couple of minuets, I have to pull the backhoe lever to tighten up the bucket onto the log. Is that normal? I know when the tractor is in the garage, over night the bucket will slowly drop down as well as the stabilizers. The stabilizers only drop about 1/4 inch. Do you guys notice the same thing at all?
Thanks in advance!
Dave

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #79  
From a Newbie.. I have a question! 2013 Kubota, BX25D. I have the mechanical thumb on it and use it lots for holding logs up to cut.
However, when I clamp onto a log, after 2 - 3 minuets, the pressure on the backhoe bucket will slowly let go and the log will become loose and start to move around or end up getting dropped. So, every couple of minuets, I have to pull the backhoe lever to tighten up the bucket onto the log. Is that normal? I know when the tractor is in the garage, over night the bucket will slowly drop down as well as the stabilizers. The stabilizers only drop about 1/4 inch. Do you guys notice the same thing at all?
Thanks in advance!
Dave

Welcome to the forum. Some bleed down is normal but I don't think mine bleeds that quickly. I'll be interested to hear what some others have to say on the subject.

/ BX BH Thumb worth it? #80  

I like the curved one I got from my dealer. It also has a lot of teeth!

image-1724883831.jpg

Not good photos. Will find better.

Attachments

• image-913382941.jpg
    image-913382941.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 462