SSQA Build for a B2320

/ SSQA Build for a B2320 #1  

sierradmax

Silver Member
Tractor
1998 Bobcat 763 & 2009 S-175
I've started a build for a SSQA for my B2320. ATI has one listed for the B3200 but for around a $1000, I can build it far cheaper and enjoy the project. Some may argue that its benefit on the smaller B's is useless (weight factor w/ skid steer implements) but I have several implements that can be used on the FEL of my tractor and be beneficial. Sorry for the crude cell phone picture.

/ SSQA Build for a B2320 #2  
Thats a good looking project. What attachments do you have for it?

/ SSQA Build for a B2320
besides the larger buckets for light material, an auger, landscape rake, & power broom.

/ SSQA Build for a B2320 #4  
Before you get too far along - check these out :

Universal Skid Steer Quick Attach Conversion Hitch Plate Bobtach Blank Qt K | eBay

All of the locking mechanism is already taken care of. You could just weld your adapters right onto the premade plates.

I'm thinking of grabbing a set to make a setup for my 3pt where I could use the same attachments I have for the FEL - on the 3pt.

Just picked up one of the SSQA setups from the new B3350 yesterday for my B3200. Hoping to get it mounted over the weekend if time and the weather cooperates.

/ SSQA Build for a B2320
I did see those. I'm pricing the material to fabricate something like that but might be worth purchasing something like that. Problem is, the pins would have to be mounted outside the brackets to the loader arms so those might require some modification.

/ SSQA Build for a B2320 #6  
I did see those. I'm pricing the material to fabricate something like that but might be worth purchasing something like that. Problem is, the pins would have to be mounted outside the brackets to the loader arms so those might require some modification.

It looks like you're doing a great job with the build.

Just in case you're not aware, you could probably even just copy the design off the new Kubota SSQA compatible adapter from the B50 series tractors. It should work just fine on the LA304 loader since the mounting dimensions of that loader and the LA534 should be nearly identical. You can find out more here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/272924-new-b3350-15.html

/ SSQA Build for a B2320 #7  
It looks like you're doing a great job with the build.

Just in case you're not aware, you could probably even just copy the design off the new Kubota SSQA compatible adapter from the B50 series tractors. It should work just fine on the LA304 loader since the mounting dimensions of that loader and the LA534 should be nearly identical. You can find out more here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/272924-new-b3350-15.html

True - I forgot to mention that. I picked up the LA534 SSQA adapter I ordered for my LA504/B3200 combo yesterday - I haven't had time to mount it yet - so if you'd like I can take some pics of it if you're looking for some ideas. Honestly after looking at the thing I can see a few areas where it could be improved to pull the pin spacing in and not throw the bucket as far forward - and they could have used a little less metal I think to keep the weight down ( I weighed it yesterday and it's 78 pounds). I think that's still quite a bit less than the ATI and other aftermarket solutions - but I'm pretty sure that it's probably 10-20 pounds more than the Kubota pin-on style QA setup - and obviously it's a bit more than the standard setup with just the pin-on style bucket.

I'm going to weigh the pin on and SSQA style buckets too and see if they come in with any drastic weight difference.

/ SSQA Build for a B2320 #8  
Subscribed.

/ SSQA Build for a B2320 #9  
I mounted the SSQA last night - decided that I didn't want to wait. It seems to work fine on the LA504 loader on my B3200. In my opinion - it definitely makes swapping attachments a LOT easier than using the Kubota pin-on style QA. That's the good. The bad is that the SSQA weighs in at 78 pounds - and the pin-on QA only weighs 22 pounds. So you're taking a 56 pound hit to go with the SSQA. I suspect that the buckets are heavier too - but I haven't had a chance to weigh them yet.

Another think I checked is the location of the pin at the end of the loader arm - against the back of the bucket, on all three of the variations: direct pin on bucket, pin-on style QA - and SSQA.

For the direct pin-on bucket - there is 2 1/4 inches between the center of the pin - and the back face of the bucket.

When the pin-on QA is on the loader arm - there is 5 1/2 inches between the pin center and back face of the bucket. So adding the pin-on style QA pushes the bucket out quite a bit from the pivot point (this leads to reduction in capacity)

With the SSQA adapter installed - there's about 4 inches between the pin center and the back of the bucket. So the SSQA is definitely better than the pin-on style adapter in this regard.

The thing is - I believe with a better design - the SSQA setup could have the bucket with no more offset than a direct pin on bucket - or add some very minimal offset - like 1/2" to 1". The Kubota design is sort of "inefficient" With some better engineering I think they probably could have taken another 15-20 pounds out of the adapter weight itself - and also brought the bucket in closer to the pivot point.

It's a good solution - it's just not optimized as much as it could have been.