Loader LA650A loader vs LA680, will this fit

/ LA650A loader vs LA680, will this fit #1  

skyhook

Veteran Member
Tractor
1996 Kubota L4200 GSTC,(sold) 1994 JCB 210S 4x4x4
I just purchased a 1996 L4200, it has the blade in front with down pressure.
I know the loader for this tractor is the LA680,
but I have a deal on a LA650A and was wondering if this would fit?
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Rick

/ LA650A loader vs LA680, will this fit #2  
You may want to call a couple dealers on that one..........

/ LA650A loader vs LA680, will this fit #3  
I would go for a stouter loader... You can check other makes like Westendorf... they make a model TA-25 for that tractor, it is easily twice the strength of the factory LA680.

/ LA650A loader vs LA680, will this fit #4  
I just purchased a 1996 L4200......I have a deal on a LA650A and was wondering if this would fit?......
It would "fit" from a size and lift capacity standpoint, but I don't think it will bolt up without modification of its mounting brackets which are quite different. The Grand L was a new chassis design at the time - the LA680 was too.

/ LA650A loader vs LA680, will this fit
Ok guys, thanks for the info, much appreciated.:thumbsup:

/ LA650A loader vs LA680, will this fit #6  
I would go for a stouter loader... You can check other makes like Westendorf... they make a model TA-25 for that tractor, it is easily twice the strength of the factory LA680.

Factory loader will always bring more $$ for resale!

But if you plan on keeping it forever you may want to explore aftermarket options

/ LA650A loader vs LA680, will this fit #7  
Actually, keeping the loader "forever" is the plan. Why buy the same piece of equipment over and over and over again, when you can buy it only once. With a quality built aftermarket loader, you have greater versatility to move the loader to ANY make / model tractor. When the time comes to retire your tractor, the loader can be moved to the next tractor, and the next... for much less money than buying new. This keeps the resale value very high on the aftermarket loader, especially if the manufacturer is diligent in maintaining parts and availability of mounts for the loader over time. The TA-25 example that KennyV mentioned above will fit over 800 different tractor makes and models and yes, he is accurate in saying it has twice the strength as the OEM. This is the case when you compare our performance to many OEM loader models. I know customers who are on their 4th tractor with the same loader they purchased in the mid 70's.

I am familiar with the aftermarket loaders available in your area ericher69... please do not assume that ALL aftermarket loaders are built of the same quality, strength and performance.