BX23 How Do You Release Hydraulic Pressure On Back Hoe?

/ BX23 How Do You Release Hydraulic Pressure On Back Hoe? #1  

buzzie8

I am having numerous problems with the hydraulics on my BX23. Originally all the valve stems were leaking from the Nabco control box on the back hoe. I was told by the dealer that this happened because lines were not connected fully and correctly which might have been the case. The told me to remove the plate above each valve stem and hammer them flat again. I did this and it stop leaking and everything seemed to be working for a very short time. Now I do not have any leaks but do not have any power in any of the hydraulics when the backhoe is attached. Hydraulics are OK with it unattached. I cannot get the hydraulic quick connect on because it seems as though the back system is under pressure. Previously when this happened I released the pressure by breaking the hose loose. The pin on the disconnect would move in and out after I did that. Now when I loosen hose and release pressure pin still seems stuck in quick disconnect. I am assuming the coupler might be my problem and might be what caused all the problems in the first place. Is there any other way to make sure the system is not under pressure?

/ BX23 How Do You Release Hydraulic Pressure On Back Hoe? #2  
before you disconnect, turn off tractor move all controls back and forth then disconnect.