BX 22 High RPM misfire

/ BX 22 High RPM misfire #21  
Thats what I'm saying. The tractor ran fine for that long before it started missing.

/ BX 22 High RPM misfire
Well, the "mystery" is solved. My wife has various people helping out from time to time. Someone put gasoline in the tractor. After failing to improve how it ran with fuel filters and valve adjustments, I took it to a diesel shop. They found the fuel was 50% diesel, 45% gas, 5% water. The injector tips were blue from being overheated, but on bench testing sprayed OK, so no rebuild was required. Glow plugs were stuck due to carbon, but this was able to be cleaned out and they were reusable. Filters were replaced again, due to the water. Compression was 325/350/325. He said new, they are 400, so with it having been overheated 500 hours ago and a total of 1000 hours on it, that's not too bad. He said it is running well, now. It is due to be returned to us tomorrow. I was concerned the injection pump would have been damaged due to heat, the glow plugs melted and the valves/rings damaged. BTW, they also did a leakdown and found the leakage was pretty evenly divided between the rings, intake and exhaust valves. Removing the fuel tank, flushing and reinstalling was included for $500, which I think is very fair.

Will report after tractor is back and run for a while,

Thanks again,

DOC

/ BX 22 High RPM misfire #23  
Glad you got it solved

/ BX 22 High RPM misfire #24  
Glad you got the mystery solved. I'm guessing someone could not read English when they filled the tractor

/ BX 22 High RPM misfire #25  
Glad it's fixed but I'm confused on one thing. Someone put gas in it 500 hrs ago and some portion of it was still in the tank?

/ BX 22 High RPM misfire
It was severely overheated 500 hours ago when the thermostat stuck closed. Has 1000 hours now. Gas in fuel was current.

DOC