Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100F IH McCormick Farmall 140, Massey Ferguson 135

Default Re: Who wears seat belts

+1 on wearing the seat belt on the kubota. I had to jump from the seat of my Farmall once. The left rear ran over a stump on the upper edge of a farm road bed. I was certain it was going over. I'm not sure if I jumped as much as I was ejected. The tractor ran along about 30 feet on the right two wheels before deciding to quit doing tricks and it stopped against a maple tree.

It happened extremely quick. I was in a hurry and wasn't being careful. I limped around on a twisted or jammed knee for about 6 weeks that otherwise was a great knee to that point.

I've seen the rollover demonstrations by various Land Grant Universities. I don't need any further convincing.
    Beware of the barrenness of a busy life....Socrates

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with Loader and Backhoe, Cub Cadet 2160

Don't wear mine either, but I'm on 100% flat land and don't carry many huge, heavy loads on the loader...

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

I always do. It keeps me held back in the seat.

Tractor
    Kubota B21

I live in a hilly area, always wear mine. That said, I can never get off my tractor without my shorts, shirt or jacket catching the shifter control on one side or the throttle/3 pt controls on the other. If I ever tried to jump during a roll, I know one of those knobs would suck me back under the tractor and then it's time to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal is another matter...
    - Dennis

Once you see the bandwagon, it's too late.
    www.goldfinch-acres.com
    Kubota B21
    Polaris Ranger
    Yamaha Kodiak

Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680 B2620 FEL/BH RTV1140

Quote Originally Posted by troutsqueezer View Post
    I live in a hilly area, always wear mine. That said, I can never get off my tractor without my shorts, shirt or jacket catching the shifter control on one side or the throttle/3 pt controls on the other. If I ever tried to jump during a roll, I know one of those knobs would suck me back under the tractor ..
    I have to smile at this because I could have written the same words. I don't always wear mine at the rental property which is flat and usually just moving from one point to another. At home on the hillside I almost always wear it and always wear mine in a car/truck.
    I laid a tractor over on it's side one time while I was stopped. Glad I had the belt on. It happened in a fraction of a second and doubt I'd of had time or presence of mind to jump even if I had wanted to.
    2012 B2620 FEL BH, 2008 F2680 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, ...DEARBORN 2 BOTTOM PLOW 12" ?? FOR SALE $425).... Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100F IH McCormick Farmall 140, Massey Ferguson 135

Troutsqueezer, I can imagine your conversation with St. Peter at the Pearly Gates where you explain your premature arrival because of a new pair of Carhart shorts and lack of seat belt use....
    Beware of the barrenness of a busy life....Socrates

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1026R

I was grappling brush next to the fence while sidehilling and grabbed the fence post. I started going over, jumped off, and grabbed the rops to hold it. I then let the loader down and it sat back on 4 wheels. It was a special circumstance that I dont wish to repeat but I'm glad I jumped off and was able to save my tractor. I have a 1026r. Anything bigger and this would not have worked. In most cases I think we should wear our seatbelts instead.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540 Cab

It's not even a question ... you are crazy not to wear the seat belt when ever you are on the tractor. I always wear mine.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Never, but I'm on flat ground and in a cabbed tractor. If you try and jump, you're going to get squished more often than you're going to get clear.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740-HST; Kubota RTV900

I always run ROPS up and seat belt on. It's not an option for anyone on my machine.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast