Who wears seat belts

/ Who wears seat belts #31  
Seat belts are for sissies.

Thats a pretty stupid thing to say if you are serious. (Which I am taking it seriously since no smiley or what not).

Its a preference. I dont wear mine. But those that do, I certainly dont judge them as being a sissy.

/ Who wears seat belts #33  
I use my BX25 mostly for mowing the lawn, landscaping, snow blowing, and putting in my wood with the FEL. When I first got it I found the ROPS was running into things while mowing. My solution? Get out the chainsaw and do some trimming. My lawn is pretty much level except for the ditch along the road. I always wear my seat belt, and have never put the ROPS down. Over cautious? A good friend of mine was killed when he rolled his new tractor over in the ditch when he pulled over to the side to let a car pass. That kind of makes me look at things just a little differently..

/ Who wears seat belts #34  
Seat belts are for sissies.

Call me a sissy, I don't care. Stick and stones may brake my bones, but a roll over can kill you.

Yes I use my seat belt. I live on a pretty good hill.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Who wears seat belts #35  
Lol . You guys are funny. Sticks and stones! Lol

/ Who wears seat belts #36  
I once was driving on the side of a hill and drove into a stump with a back tire. I rolled the tractor 5 times down to the creek. The seat belt held me onto the seat but my arms and legs were flailing around as I rolled. I ended up losing a leg that was crushed over and over as I rolled. It looked like tree branches were inside my pant leg. If I wasn't wearing the belt I would have jumped off. I also lost sight in one eye from the sticks and stones the my face was being shoved into. So much for seat belts for me.

/ Who wears seat belts #37  
My wife's grandfather died when his International M rolled over on him. When I get on the tractor the ROPS is up and the seat belt goes on.

/ Who wears seat belts #38  
I shortened the ROPS on my BX24 so it would fit in the garage without folding. Since doing that, my ROPS is always up and I always wear my seatbelt. This forum convinced me that a roll over could happen too quickly to react to so safety belt on.

Take Care,
Doug in SW IA

/ Who wears seat belts #39  
Seat belt? What seat belt!!!! My B21 didn't have one when I bought it. I feel I'm smart enough to keep the tractor on all 4 tires, however I ALWAYS wear one in a car.

/ Who wears seat belts #40  
I tried mine but my massey has a special feature that just keeps tightening it with every little bump. I did not want to get squeezed in two by a seat belt so I took it off. If the seat belt was designed so that it could be worn I would.

Could you figure out some way to clamp it off while in use so it won't get sucked in?

I wear mine on the hills for sure. Flat ground, maybe not as much. But you have to be aware of when you change terrain.