Who wears seat belts

/ Who wears seat belts #51  
When you've routinely and consistently worn seat belts for more than 50 years, as I have, it just would not be comfortable without having it on, whether in a car or truck or on a tractor. My first showroom new car was a 1962 Austin Healy Sprite that came without seat belts, but we sold them in my Dad's auto parts store and I installed them in that car myself. And when my partner drove us head on into a tree on December 29, 1965, in a 1965 Ford police sedan, I have little doubt that the seat belt saved my life that night.

/ Who wears seat belts #52  
When I am just grading the road or doing light duty work, I dont wear it. When I get in the back area and doing loader work or yanking logs around and what not, I wear it.

I was just like you. But remembering to put it on when changing jobs was a pain. I really just try and put it on all the time now, not like i don't forget though.

A smart man learns from his mistakes, a smarter man learns from others mistakes.

/ Who wears seat belts #53  
Should I use seat belts? Yes. Do I always? No, especially if I'm on and off the machine a lot.
Do I always do the smart thing? No, just ask my wife. ; )

Bill

/ Who wears seat belts #54  
Sorry to hear of your accident, and I'm sure the repercussions continue to be a problem for you. But may I ask, did you have a ROPS? If it rolled 5 times, I would guess not, but strange things happen sometimes. The advice is with a ROPS, use the belt. W/o a ROPS (ROPS down), do not. It sounds like you didn't have a ROPS, but wore the belt anyway (which probably was the advice of the day).

Was a very steep hill down to my creek. ROPS held for 3 rolls so they told me. Bent something fierce. Looked stronger than it was I guess. Nuffield said

/ Who wears seat belts #55  
Wow, what a thread. For those that have been injured I feel for you.

I don't wear mine most of the time but when working on irregular surfaces I do. Yes things happen very fast and prior planning prevents injuries.

/ Who wears seat belts #56  
There is mostly hills here in WV. Some places are so steep I have to have the seat belt on just to keep the seat safety seat from shutting of the engine. Having the reflexes and physical speed of a Tree sloth makes me think I shouldn't rely on jumping to avoid injury. That said I always wear my seat belt on the L4400 and even the BX1500 which is just used as a lawn mower. The guy calling the seat belt wearers sissies needs to spend a few hours on my BX1500 just mowing my lawn and he would be crying like a little girl. :D

/ Who wears seat belts #57  
The guy calling the seat belt wearers sissies needs to spend a few hours on my BX1500 just mowing my lawn and he would be crying like a little girl. :D

That was a troll post. Wanted to see how many reactions he would get.

/ Who wears seat belts #58  
Yes always except 120' from garage to front house on FLAT concrete drive. Wait till you hit a crack blading snow coming to immediate HALT!!!

/ Who wears seat belts #59  
Always. At least, I never intentionally go without.

My first car was a black '56 Chevy 2-door. My pride and joy. No seat belts. My GF's mom told me in no uncertain terms that her daughter was not getting in that car until it had seat belts.

Installed them the next day, and have buckled up ever since. Saved my butt a couple of times.

Z.

/ Who wears seat belts #60  
Always. At least, I never intentionally go without.

My first car was a black '56 Chevy 2-door. My pride and joy. No seat belts. My GF's mom told me in no uncertain terms that her daughter was not getting in that car until it had seat belts.

Installed them the next day, and have buckled up ever since. Saved my butt a couple of times.

Z.