Who wears seat belts

/ Who wears seat belts #1  

ChrisR

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L35
Just out of interest?...do many of you wear seat belts when driving your tractors. I've got one on my L35 but I've never worn it. I always think It would be better to jump off if anything happened but I'm probably wrong. What do you all think??

Chris

/ Who wears seat belts #2  
"If the ROPS is up the seatbelt should be on, if the ROPS is down seatbelt should off", is what I've always been told.

/ Who wears seat belts #3  
"If the ROPS is up the seatbelt should be on, if the ROPS is down seatbelt should off", is what I've always been told.

Me too. But I don't ever wear mine.

/ Who wears seat belts #4  
I wear mine. I figure if an emergency situation presents, the less decisions I have to make at that time to prevent injury or death is in my favor.

As an aside an individual told me one time he did not wear seat belts because if he was in an accident, rendered unconscious and the vehicle caught fire how would he get out.

/ Who wears seat belts #5  
Just out of interest?...do many of you wear seat belts when driving your tractors. I've got one on my L35 but I've never worn it. I always think It would be better to jump off if anything happened but I'm probably wrong. What do you all think??

Chris

I always wear mine. If something happens you won't have time to jump off. Go read the safety forum for lots of examples of this.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Who wears seat belts #6  
If the ROPS is up and you try to jump, you will probably be squished by the ROPS.
We have a ROPS on all of our tractors and I buckle up anytime I will be doing more than moving the tractor. IMO, the only time I would be better off not buckled in is if I were to go into the pond AND the seat belt were to get stuck or I were to roll over into a stick that speared me. Otherwise, the seatbelt keeps me inside the "cage" of the ROPS where I don't get squished and that is more likely to happen than the odds (very long ones) that I would roll over right next to the pond or into a branch that spears me.

Aaron Z

/ Who wears seat belts #7  
My Massey came with a new seat and no seatbelt. I ordered one and have to figure a good place to attach it without damaging the plastic upholstery. I intend to wear it on inclines at least. Btw, I'd never heard the thing about not wearing a seat belt when the ROPS is down but, it makes sense to me.

/ Who wears seat belts #9  

Agree-with my open 755 and 3320 ALWAYS buckled up. With the 4720 cab I'm a little less inclined to do that unless I'm doing something a little "tricky" (stupid?) Probably should wear it all the time-if you get bounced out of the seat the door is probably going to pop open anyway

/ Who wears seat belts #10  
I tried mine but my massey has a special feature that just keeps tightening it with every little bump. I did not want to get squeezed in two by a seat belt so I took it off. If the seat belt was designed so that it could be worn I would.