Default Spraying UDT From Back

I was using my BX 1860 yesterday with the front end loader and a weight box when it suddenly started spraying lots of UDT Fluid from the back. The fluid is coming from where the U shaped tube coming from the three point control valve connects. spraying out around the flared fitting on the left side. The fitting was tight, I removed it and inspected it and reinstalled, it is still leaking. seeping out at idle and spraying when the control valve is used. I can't find a split or crack in the fitting or tube. any ideas what is happening?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Default Re: Spraying UDT From Back

I could be a cracked fitting that only shows when under pressure. Speaking of that, watch out for the spray....at high pressure it can cut your finger quite badly

went to the nearby kubota dealer, didn't have the part, so he made me a hydraulic hose to fit. put that on, leak stopped, topped off the UDI hand thought I was all set. now I have now hydraulic power to the 3 point hitch or loader. The tractor runs fine and goes forward and backwards, even have power steering. Does something have to be bled? Do I have something else wrong?

[QUOTE="rick480;3310799"]went to the nearby kubota dealer, didn't have the part, so he made me a hydraulic hose to fit. put that on, leak stopped, topped off the UDI hand thought I was all set

[QUOTE="rick480;3310799"]went to the nearby kubota dealer, didn't have the part, so he made me a hydraulic hose to fit. put that on, leak stopped, topped off the UDI hand thought I was all set. Unfortunately now I have no hydraulic power at the 3 point hitch or Loader. The tractor runs and goes forward and backwards fine, even has power steering. Does something have to be bled? Do I have something else wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by rick480 View Post
    went to the nearby kubota dealer, didn't have the part, so he made me a hydraulic hose to fit. put that on, leak stopped, topped off the UDI hand thought I was all set
    Now I have no hydraulic power to the 3 point or the loader, the tractor runs and goes forward and backwards fine. Even has power steering. does something have to be bled? do I have something else wrong?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Default Re: Spraying UDT From Back

try turning the steering wheel side to side. I read somewhere that that will help to purge air in the system

Turns out that the hose they made me was defective, there was no opening in one of the fittings, explains why I had no hydraulics.