Oil & Fuel Spraying UDT From Back

/ Spraying UDT From Back #1  

rick480

Bronze Member
I was using my BX 1860 yesterday with the front end loader and a weight box when it suddenly started spraying lots of UDT Fluid from the back. The fluid is coming from where the U shaped tube coming from the three point control valve connects. spraying out around the flared fitting on the left side. The fitting was tight, I removed it and inspected it and reinstalled, it is still leaking. seeping out at idle and spraying when the control valve is used. I can't find a split or crack in the fitting or tube. any ideas what is happening?

/ Spraying UDT From Back #2  
I could be a cracked fitting that only shows when under pressure. Speaking of that, watch out for the spray....at high pressure it can cut your finger quite badly

/ Spraying UDT From Back
went to the nearby Kubota dealer, didn't have the part, so he made me a hydraulic hose to fit. put that on, leak stopped, topped off the UDI hand thought I was all set. now I have now hydraulic power to the 3 point hitch or loader. The tractor runs fine and goes forward and backwards, even have power steering. Does something have to be bled? Do I have something else wrong?

/ Spraying UDT From Back
went to the nearby Kubota dealer, didn't have the part, so he made me a hydraulic hose to fit. put that on, leak stopped, topped off the UDI hand thought I was all set

/ Spraying UDT From Back
went to the nearby Kubota dealer, didn't have the part, so he made me a hydraulic hose to fit. put that on, leak stopped, topped off the UDI hand thought I was all set. Unfortunately now I have no hydraulic power at the 3 point hitch or Loader. The tractor runs and goes forward and backwards fine, even has power steering. Does something have to be bled? Do I have something else wrong?

/ Spraying UDT From Back
went to the nearby Kubota dealer, didn't have the part, so he made me a hydraulic hose to fit. put that on, leak stopped, topped off the UDI hand thought I was all set

Now I have no hydraulic power to the 3 point or the loader, the tractor runs and goes forward and backwards fine. Even has power steering. does something have to be bled? do I have something else wrong?

/ Spraying UDT From Back #7  
try turning the steering wheel side to side. I read somewhere that that will help to purge air in the system

/ Spraying UDT From Back
Turns out that the hose they made me was defective, there was no opening in one of the fittings, explains why I had no hydraulics.