Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #11  
How much is it going to cost you to get it fixed?

Any kind of a "friend" at all would pay for the repair.
My friends return my equipment in similar condition as when they got it.
Even if they have to write a check and do a little work.

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #12  
My B-I-L just had the brakes on his mid-sized M (m4900, I think?) replaced at the local dealership. $1600. (ouch)

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #13  
I would be surprised if your brakes needed to be replaced (though very possible). I suspect an adjustment will get your brakes back.

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #14  
I have always dealt with an "honor among thieves" approach in borrowing or lending. If I borrow something and I break it, you can expect all broken parts to be replaced with NEW and the item returned to proper operating condition. And if you borrow it from me and break it, I want the same NEW parts and restoration to normal. That potential cost is the flip side transaction "risk" of borrowing equipment and is the flip side of the money saved. You are saving money but then must assume the risk that nothing will go wrong. if it does, you lose. Most every benefit tends to have an equal and offsetting risk attached to it.

As a result, I can't recall the last time I borrowed anything. And, as you might expect, I can't recall the last time I loaned anything. Both of those situations are fine with me. You need something done with my machinery, fine--I'll do it and for free.

Funny thing, people want me to do stuff free or cheap but they try to charge me retail when the opportunity presents itself. Nah, I must be imagining things.

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work
How much is it going to cost you to get it fixed?

Any kind of a "friend" at all would pay for the repair.
My friends return my equipment in similar condition as when they got it.
Even if they have to write a check and do a little work.

He told me he would pay for the cost of getting the brakes repaired if that what it is. He is good that way.

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work
I have a update on my tractor. My friend called and he says he figured it out. When he looked under the tractor as he pushed the brake peddle in he noticed the brake lever was not coming back very far. He said the thing had two grease serts that he put grease in and that seems to have fixed the problem. I hope that was it. I know how something like this can ruin a friendship. The tractor only has 250 hrs on it but it doesn't get used that much which can be harder on machinery then use sometimes, so Ductape you were right it doesn't need new brakes. I will have to drive to Iowa in a week or two to check it out myself for peace of mind. I appreciate to those of you who have replied to this post, your comments were helpful.

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #17  
If there's one thing that make's me mad as BLANK, it's when I put my tractor in gear and I forget to release the brake, it ether stalls out or goes hard, I prefer stall out, but when I have the wheels locked in, and powered up, I end up going a couple feet hard before it dawn's on me, and that' when I get so blanking mad. I don't know what it is, but I just cannot remember to release the brake.

In the winter time when I'm hauling out wood with my logging winch, I use the brake holding lever a lot with both petals linked together. I lower the winch, but it doesn't dig in the ground very easy this time of year, so to help keep the tractor from sliding back, I lock in the brake, then winch the trees up. One of these day's before I ware out my brake's, I'm gonna hook light switch up to the brake locking lever, and mount it to the dash where I can see it, and if I cant see that, I'll try hooking up a buzzer, and if that don't work, I'll hook up a boxing glove so it will knock me off the blanking tractor when try to go when the blanking brake is lock on. One would think after working in the woods all these year's, I wouldn't have this problem.