Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #1  

Gordo 56

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3000 DT
A friend wanted to borrow my Kubota L3000DT to put in some fencing so I loaned it to him. He just called and told me the brakes are not working well. He thinks maybe the park brake was left on when he was driving it. My question to you all...[ is how hard is it to repair the brakes on this tractor and how much will it cost me to get it fixed? I don't know how this could happen when the park brake was on you could tell it would really bog down the tractor. Looking for any advise other then not loaning my tractor to him again.
ATTACH=CONFIG]318162[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• P1220052.jpg
    P1220052.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 397
   / Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #2  
There should be an adjustment for each brake. Check in your manual under the maintenance section for a procedure to adjust the brakes.

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work
Thanks for getting back to me on this. I just got off the phone with him and he thinks it might be just a adjustment issue. I will look it up in my manual and see what it says. I hope that's all it is. Thanks again for your suggestion.

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #4  
Not owning one, but thinking they are wet internal brake. It can somewhat labor intensive to change them out. It is a paper like lining glued to a disc. I have seen the lining come off the disc before from driving with the parking brake on for long periods. If it gets peeled off the disc it turns into 2 sheer pieces of steel with a film of oil between them and you have no stopping power.

It sounds like that may have happened, he was not real sure. He had a Amish friend drive it while he guided him.

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #6  
hello Gordo
yeah a Amish friend... better the Amish stay with the Horse theire the brakingsystem is only brrr or go.this mean no brakproblems after loaned the horse to a Amish

lol, yea benbeno, if I would have loaned a horse I am sure there wouldn't have been a problem. The Amish are very hard working and I have always thought very smart about common sense stuff until recently. This same Amish friend burned down a big wooden shed about 15 away from his house. My buddy told him don't burn it down you will catch your house on fire, he told him he should tear it down instead. When my friend left his house he thought that's what he was going to do. 20 mins later he heard the fire trucks head towards the Amish guys house. The fire was so hot it melted the steel off his pole barn house on that side and almost burned down the whole thing if not for the firemen. They guy got 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his hands and arms trying to put the fire out. So when he said this same guy was driving my tractor I could see how this could happen.

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #8  
lol, yea benbeno, if I would have loaned a horse I am sure there wouldn't have been a problem. The Amish are very hard working and I have always thought very smart about common sense stuff until recently. This same Amish friend burned down a big wooden shed about 15 away from his house. My buddy told him don't burn it down you will catch your house on fire, he told him he should tear it down instead. When my friend left his house he thought that's what he was going to do. 20 mins later he heard the fire trucks head towards the Amish guys house. The fire was so hot it melted the steel off his pole barn house on that side and almost burned down the whole thing if not for the firemen. They guy got 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his hands and arms trying to put the fire out. So when he said this same guy was driving my tractor I could see how this could happen.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why on earth the friend who borrowed your tractor would then let someone else run it all day. If I borrow something from somebody I don't let it out of my sight. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why on earth the friend who borrowed your tractor would then let someone else run it all day. If I borrow something from somebody I don't let it out of my sight. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

I can see why you say that but I knew he would have to get his brother or a friend to drive it. My friend is on Social Security disability because of severe neck problems. He can't turn his head around to look while sitting on the tractor where he was drilling the post hole. So that is why he had some one else drive it.

/ Loaned my kubota L3000 DT to a friend and now the brakes don't work #10  
being a good guy sometimes comes at a price seems hard to believe that it could have been driven all day with the parking break on