Hydraulic Leak Help

/ Hydraulic Leak Help #1  

Behrend II

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XG3140H
Hello,

I've got hydro fluid streaming out from the underside of my B2400. I haven't had a chance to look closely yet but wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction before I begin. I can tell that it's not coming from any visible lines and looks to be coming from up inside. Any ideas on where to start?

/ Hydraulic Leak Help #2  
B II,

Every leak I have ever had from my hydraulics has been a hose. If it is a pin-size-hole, and when under pressure, can shoot a long distance undetected by the eye. If you have a frt-end-loader, just adds to the mix.

First, place the biggest piece of cardboard you have under the suspected area. Wipe down everything real well until no fluid signs, then start her up [also, where protective eye wear]. Then watch to see where the fluid first appears, then trace its origin...if it is from the body of the tractor, you will usually get a drip-like marking. From a hose, very light, unless it is hitting the tractor, then dripping down. You can also move a pieve of 8"x8" cardboard around and see if it gets hit, then you know it is a hose. good luck - tstex

/ Hydraulic Leak Help #3  
Don't use your hand to try to locate the leak on a hose. A pin hole can create a high pressure jet that causes all kinds of nasty problems by injecting hydraulic fluid into you skin. Use cardboard or a sheet of paper.

/ Hydraulic Leak Help
Thanks, I'm trying to upload a video of the leak but I'm having trouble. I'll try to get it posted. Tom

/ Hydraulic Leak Help #5  
Could be the high pressure power steering line. Mine developed small cracks twice and the fluid poured out from under the tractor. The leak was actually coming from the line right where it entered the power steering unit right below he steering wheel. I believe the cause was using the steering wheel to mount the tractor.