Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400

Default Hydraulic Leak Help

Hello,

I've got hydro fluid streaming out from the underside of my B2400. I haven't had a chance to look closely yet but wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction before I begin. I can tell that it's not coming from any visible lines and looks to be coming from up inside. Any ideas on where to start?

Tractor
    1997 Kubota M5400S

Default Re: Hydraulic Leak Help

B II,

Every leak I have ever had from my hydraulics has been a hose. If it is a pin-size-hole, and when under pressure, can shoot a long distance undetected by the eye. If you have a frt-end-loader, just adds to the mix.

First, place the biggest piece of cardboard you have under the suspected area. Wipe down everything real well until no fluid signs, then start her up [also, where protective eye wear]. Then watch to see where the fluid first appears, then trace its origin...if it is from the body of the tractor, you will usually get a drip-like marking. From a hose, very light, unless it is hitting the tractor, then dripping down. You can also move a pieve of 8"x8" cardboard around and see if it gets hit, then you know it is a hose. good luck - tstex

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100F IH McCormick Farmall 140, Massey Ferguson 135

Don't use your hand to try to locate the leak on a hose. A pin hole can create a high pressure jet that causes all kinds of nasty problems by injecting hydraulic fluid into you skin. Use cardboard or a sheet of paper.
    Beware of the barrenness of a busy life....Socrates

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400

Thanks, I'm trying to upload a video of the leak but I'm having trouble. I'll try to get it posted. Tom

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400 HST

Could be the high pressure power steering line. Mine developed small cracks twice and the fluid poured out from under the tractor. The leak was actually coming from the line right where it entered the power steering unit right below he steering wheel. I believe the cause was using the steering wheel to mount the tractor.