Oil & Fuel I put car gas in my Kubota diesel!

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #1  

check

Elite Member
Dorset (cottage country) and Toronto, Ontario, Can
Tractor
2009 Kubota BX25
Help! I mistakenly Regular car gas in my Kubota diesel. I only ran it for about five minutes and it was running so rough I turned it off. Am I in serious trouble? And can I drain it completely? Any advice would be much appreciated.

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #2  
Help! I mistakenly Regular car gas in my Kubota diesel. I only ran it for about five minutes and it was running so rough I turned it off. Am I in serious trouble? And can I drain it completely? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Drain then worry!!
How much GAS versus how much diesel was there?
I've been there for a VW rental diesel running after the renter put in about 25% gas. He ran it out.

We had to jump on the bumper to shake it up to get it started, it ran rougher than H and maybe damaged the engine, but we ran it for about 2 more tanks of diesel.

Pop the filters and flush them or replace them. Then add something for lubricity (Diesel Kleen, BioDiesel ...)

Part of owning a tractor is always being in serious trouble.

/edit - like being married

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #3  
Many people have done this by accident. Just drain the gas and put diesel in it. If you can prime the system to get the rest of the gas dilute with the disel. Should fire up and run normal

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #4  
Change oil and filter also.

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #6  
People have been known to add gasoline to diesel for anti-gelling purposes in the Winter. How much gasoline did you add percentage wise?

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #7  
It happens more often than you think. Everything will be fine.

A few year ago my wife ran out of diesel in our BX2200 and put in 5 gal. of regular gas. It ran terrible after about 10 min. Then, after it cooled, it would run for another 10 min.

Dumb me, I hauled it to the dealer who found out about the gas issue. They drained everything and refilled with diesel. Cost $50.

The tractor has been running fine for the last 400 hours.

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #9  
It'll be fine.

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #10  
I recall a station kid pumped gas into a ladys Mercedes Benz diesel. They discovered the mistake, and pushed the car into the shop. Next they proceeded to pump the gas out with a non gas rated pump.:mur: The pump caused a spark, which ignited the gas. As far as I know no one was hurt, but the car was distroyed along with the entire gas station. Bad day all around.:fiery:
Be carefull transfering the gas please.

Bill