Oil & Fuel Tractor gasping for fuel ?

/ Tractor gasping for fuel ? #1  

BobG116

Tractor
BX1830
I have a BX 1830 , 3cyl. Whats the best way to bleed air out of system. It seems like it wants to pause every now and then. I'm not a mechanic and I know there are several experts on this web site that can tell me what to do. Thanks for your help.

/ Tractor gasping for fuel ? #2  
Guess my first question is what makes you think there's air in the line. Did you recently service the fuel filter or did this start on its own??

I don't have a Bx but on my L2500 after I did a filled the new fuel filter. I had a little lag initially and revved it up to about PTO speed 2500 rpm and let it run like that for a few minutes and it was able to get all the air out of the lines on its own.

I'm not sure the bx's have a primer plunger on the fuel pump but I doubt you will need to crack the lines to the injectors. Hopefully some bx'rs can chime in.

/ Tractor gasping for fuel ? #3  
Have you changed the fuel filter lately? If not it probably needs to be changed. Another possibility is poor fuel flow from tank or plugged tank vent.

/ Tractor gasping for fuel ?
Have you changed the fuel filter lately? If not it probably needs to be changed. Another possibility is poor fuel flow from tank or plugged tank vent.

Last fall I had the tractor in for service and they put on new filters and the technican bled the system by opening the plug on the side of the engine. Fuel sprayed all over. They suggested that I use Lucas injector and fuel cleaner. Anyway , now and then it runs fine but there will be an occasional pause. Which I don't like. Thanks for your help.

/ Tractor gasping for fuel ? #5  
First off, the mechanice didn't need to loosen an injector line, they are self bledding. I would check and make sure the lines are tight. I'd also put a new filter on the back of the tractor. Also make sure the lift pump is running, if you turn the key forward and don't start the machine, you should hear a fast clicking sound. If not, you may have a problem with the small lift pump. The main injection pump will often have enough pull to make the tractor run, just not correctly.