Canopy New sun shade

/ New sun shade #1  

FIREMAN Q

Tractor
Kubota L3800
Just installed. Not sure if I will end up liking it or not. Bought it thru my dealer. Ended up being around 500$. Not highway rated either so that should be a fun test. I did enjoy not having sun beating on my bald head.

Attachments

• image-3500739566.jpg
    image-3500739566.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 599
   / New sun shade #2  
I always thought of getting something like that when I had a smaller tractor. The new tractor will not fit in the carport with the ROPS up. Plus I found that the ROPS in the up position knocks all the snow out of the pine trees along the driveway. It does look like a great summer idea - my bald head burns in the summer also.

/ New sun shade #3  
That is about what I paid for mine.The dealer said he has towed tractors with these canopies down the highway at 70 mph and has never had a problem with one coming loose or breaking.They are quite tough.

/ New sun shade #5  
I have those on most of my main Kubotas and haven't had one come off yet. I do have little dents in the front edge of the fiberglas where I keep hitting tree limbs. Over 20 m inutes in the sun for me requires one and worth the money. Melanoma, skin cancer is more expensive and sun burn isn't pleasant itself.:eek:

/ New sun shade #7  
Your going to like it, beats being cooked by the sun.

/ New sun shade #9  
Not sure who makes the one that is on the OP's tractor, but Firebird Fiberglass in Glendale, Az makes a very good fiberglass unit. I have been hauling tractors with these canopies for over 20 years and have not had any issues. I hauled some for over 200 miles at freeway speeds. the ones for the B series run right at $500 and the L & M series are at $600. They clamp to the ROPS uprights and take less that 30 minutes to install.

/ New sun shade #10  
I am pretty sure the OP's canopy is the same as the one I had which is made of plastic.