Tractor
    Kubota L3240 4wd

Default Front tire issue

I have a kubota L3240 4wd that is awesome. However I am having a problem in one area. A few weeks ago, I was cutting a drainage ditch with my rear blade and knocked the front left tire off the rim while in the ditch. No problem; took rim off and had cleaned and seated again. I went yesterday to run tractor for a while and the right front tire is unseated and flat. I am running my Front tires at around 22 psi. Is this too low or do others have problem knocking the tire off the rim on the front? I have no problem with the left front after I had it reseated. I am thinking about running them at 30 psi to see if that helps.
    If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking! -- General George S. Patton

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1423 Hydrostat

Default Re: Front tire issue

22 psi should be ok, but if you got a FEL on it, maybe 30 ,35 psi will be good. Just my opinion.
    Massey 1423, 1462 loader, wallenstein Ranch ho gx620, with subframe mount.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B2710

Are you sure the tires are not leaking air slowly, and when they get low enough the rim bead pops off? Running higher tire pressure makes the ride a little rougher, probably a little harder on the front end, not sure I'd go that route. I run mine 22psi and have not had problem, other than a bunch of flats that I constantly have to fix.
    Kubota B2710, New Holland CM274 front mower, Toro Zmaster ZTR, Ford 908 bush hog, New Idea manure spreader, Swisher trail mower

Tractor
    Kubota L3240 4wd

No FEL yet. I have not had any problems with flats before I knocked the bead loose q couple weeks ago. I saw that happen so no big deal. I guess I'm just gonna have to get it off and see wha happened. I was just wondering if this tire size was more susceptible to knocking the bead loose being that the rim is so wide.

Thanks for the replies so far
    If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking! -- General George S. Patton

Tractor
    Kubota L3240 4wd

Oh BTW... Tractor is less than a year old with around 50 hours on it

Tractor
    Kubota BX24 TLB

I have had issuses with my BX24 Front tires going flat. The FEL puts a lot of extra weight on those little tires with a full bucket. I ended up putting a tube in the one tire that was going flat a few years ago, and I have not had problem since. Now the other tire is going flat after a few days too. I will have a tube put in that soon also.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L4740, B2400 and F2680

Usually when I knock it off the rim it's because I've got a puncture while working. Sounds as if you have a slow leak. 22 psi should be fine with no FEL.