Conflicting 3 pt info

/ Conflicting 3 pt info #1  

TractorAddict

Tractor
Kubota B7500HST
I have been reading the posts at this site for about a year and finally have a reason to ask a question not answered by reading the vast information out there!! Thank you all for sharing the knowledge that you have! You have saved me many hours of greif. I bought a Kubota B7500HST in march of this year. I use it mainly for mowing a 5 acre yard (new home sight) and so far love the thing. I want to overseed my existing yard (about 2 acres of it) just to thicken it up and then use a landscape tiller to smooth up the rest and then seed it all to a nice finished yard. The question that I have is can a B7500 lift an overseeder or landscape tiller. The B series sales literature (which is part of what I based my purchase on) is cat. no. 4171-01-US "02-FEB. Inside of the back of that brochure is a fold out specifications chart, it lists the 3pt hitch info as lifting 1356 lbs at the lift point and at 1058 lbs 24" behind the lift point. At that rate, I could just squeek by with the smallest Land Pride overseeder. BUT, on page 12 of the owners manual for the B7500, there is an "Implement Limitations" chart, it lists the "lower link end max. loading weight" as 660 lbs. In the illistration the lower link end is what I would consider the "lift point" in the sales brochure. I know I should follow the info in the owners manual and the information contained in the sales literature is "subject to change without notice." But by 50%!!!!! Am I mis-interpreting this information or can the 3 point hitch really only lift half of what the sales brochure says it can? Per the owners manuals stated 660lbs.

/ Conflicting 3 pt info #2  
TractorAddict,
I get confused when I try to interpret some of the specs as well. All I can offer is a real world example. I use my 3 pt. with pallet forks to move pallets of firewood around. I can just barely lift a fairly full pallet of green alder (stacked 3.5 to 4 ft high). After it dries, I can lift it fairly easily. I am sure that I am lifting over 1000lbs. Green alder is really heavy. Not very scientific, but thought I'd share.

Greg

/ Conflicting 3 pt info #3  
TractorAddict,

Perhaps that is 660# per lift arm?

/ Conflicting 3 pt info
I thought that the 660 pound figure might be per arm, but nowhere on that page (or anywhere else) in the owners manual does it say that. I talked to the salesman at the dealership and he said always follow the owners manual, but offered no explination for the figure in the brochure. He said that they never put an overseeder behind anything smaller than an "L" series. I also went to the Kubota web sight and and asked this question through their customer service e-mail within the sight about 10 days ago, but I have not recieved any responce.

/ Conflicting 3 pt info
Greg,

Thank you for your insight, it is good to know it will handle a lot of weight, even if it isn't supposed to. I don't want to take a chance on causing major damage by overloading it. But I want to get my moneys worth out of it by utilizing the tractor as much as possible. Besides, it is kind of hard to justify (to the wife) shelling out $150 a day to rent an "L" series model to run an overseeder when I have a brand new B7500 sitting in the garage collecting dust!

/ Conflicting 3 pt info #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( it lists the "lower link end max. loading weight" as 660 lbs. )</font>

Is it possible the manual is referring to the “max” loader lift capacity… and perhaps an error with the manual picture showing the 3-point hitch…?

Also, to actually lift that capacity on the 3-point of your tractor… you will need minimum ~ 40% of that weight hanging off the front for proper ballast

Handling the weight is only one problem… the main problem I see right now is you don’t have enough PTO hp to drive those LandPride overseeders… minimum 25 PTO hp, and you have 16… you’re Not even close… /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Then don’t forget you have to put “seed” product in the implement to make it work…

So all in all… do you think your B7500 with ~ 16 PTO hp can handle 550 lbs front ballast carrying a 1300 lb. implement on the rear, loaded with say 200 lbs of seed…? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Conflicting 3 pt info
John,

Thank you for pointing out something that I totally missed. You are definately right about the the horsepower issue, when I was thinking of this, the figure that came to mind was "gross Engine horsepower," which is 21. Some of the smaller overseeders lower limit is 20hp, so I thought I was good there. As you pointed out it isn't. As for the weight issue, no I don't think it will handle that either. But, the sales literature says it will and the owners manual says it won't. I looked at the implement limitations chart mentioned in my first post and it definatley is the lower link. I would think the error if there is one is in the sales brochure. It is either an error or a blatent overstatement of the 3 point lift capabilites of the tractor in advertising literature. If that is the case, I hope this discussion thread will help others to make a better more informed decision about their purchase than I did.

Other than this issue, I am very happy with the tractor, mower deck and dealer. I also plan on adding a front end loader when I get a few dollars ahead and receive approval from the CFO.