Kubota manuals

/ Kubota manuals #1  

kub0

Tractor
Kubota L3240
Why does Kubota not make free PDF versions of their owners manuals available online? I can understand them wanting to restrict parts manuals due to updated parts numbers, and few people would actually do major work requiring a service manual but it would seem to me to be in the best interest of the company to make owners manuals readily available. Manuals deteriorate over time if used. Also they tend to get greasy. I have operators manuals of most of my equipment stored on my computers so printing off a few pages of related subject is fast and easy.

/ Kubota manuals #2  
my experience has been machinery companies don't do this, I've had to buy print versions of a lot of machinery manuals. Too much money when people go back to buy one IMO.

Deere with some manuals at one time you could buy either a PDF or a print but either way you had to pay. When I had a dozer, that was a Dresser and I had to buy everything.

/ Kubota manuals #3  
I live in Canada so my experience may be different. I bought a new M7040. The dealer offered pdf service manuals if I brought in a thumb drive.I got the service manual for my FEL + operators manuals for the tractor and loader. Parts manuals too. His Kubota computer system had manuals for everything. I find them so helpful. Try building a good rapport with your dealer and then ask.
Dave M7040

/ Kubota manuals
I can understand them wanting to pick up a little extra money by selling manuals (at an exorbitant price) to steer business to their dealers for repairs but why an operators manual? If nothing else than safety issues an operators manual is as important as warning decals. CDs cost next to nothing and having it available online as a download costs even less.

/ Kubota manuals #5  
You can buy .pdf operators manual off the Kubota website pretty cheap. I just paid $13 for a GR2120. Not sure what cost of other operators manuals are, but would assume similar. Philip.

/ Kubota manuals #6  
You must be talking about purchasing an owner/op manual for a used tractor/equipment where the previous owner had lost his. Or getting a manual for some tractor/equipment you don't own. If a dealer didn't give you an owner/op manual when you purchased a new tractor/equipment, I think I would consider taking my business elsewhere. I also think this situation is contrary to several safety laws since the safety procedures are usually found in the owner/op manual.

/ Kubota manuals #7  
I also think this situation is contrary to several safety laws since the safety procedures are usually found in the owner/op manual.

That is why they put all those stupid safety stickers all over the tractor and ruin the looks. Forces me to take a hair dryer to remove them all. Philip.