Mowing Kubota Front Mower Sweeper

/ Kubota Front Mower Sweeper #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
I can get a near-new sweeper attachment for my F2400 front end mower for under $1,600 delevered.

Is this a good deal?

Can someone please explain several uses for this sweeper attachment? I already have a front dozer blade.

I was thinking I could dethatch the lawn, and sweep some concrete.

I need to deceide fairly soon. The window of opportunity is closing.

Thanks

Yooper Dave

/ Kubota Front Mower Sweeper #2  
Dave, the sweeper made for the F2400 is an F3219. I think these units cost about US$2000 new. I recently bought a well used F3219 for C$1100 (about US$750) which included a new set of brushes. I intend to use mine to clear debris, including light snow, from my driveway. Sorry that the picture is so dark. There aren't many of these units around, but also there isn't much demand. I negotiated for about a year before I bought mine so the window may not be as narrow as you think.

Attachments

• 309316-sweeper-web.gif
    309316-sweeper-web.gif
    35.3 KB · Views: 586
   / Kubota Front Mower Sweeper
Hi Howard,

This one is a F3226. Will this one still fit? I can not find a web site that will give me the specifications for the attachments.

Thanks for your input.

Yooper Dave

/ Kubota Front Mower Sweeper #4  
Hi Dave:

Don't know about an F3226 - it might be for the newer "60" series tractors. If so, the lift arms are different and would need to be modified to work on a F2400. The PTO output shaft on the tractor may also be different than the F2400 so the drive shaft could require some modification.

These are rather simple machines but here are a few things to look for:

1) the wear of the brushes - they are 24" in dia. when new. By the time they are down to 16" in dia. they are worn out. New sets come in all poly, all steel and 1/2 and 1/2. A new set of brushes costs about $US300.

2) hydraulic angling cylinder - some don't have this and you have to adjust the angle manually. If the unit doesn't have the hydraulic angling cylnder but you want hydraulic angling you can do this yourself - all it takes is a hydraulic cylinder and a couple of posts if you have front hydraulic circuit(s). If you don't have at least one hydraulic circuit on the front then you can tap off the feed to for the lift cylinder, add a spooling valve and run a circuit to the front of your tractor.

3) wear in the swivel bushings - there is a top and bottom plate on the stationary bracket and a single swing plate. The swing plate goes between the top and bottom plates of the stationary bracket and swivels on a 5/8" dia. bolt. Each of three plates has a bushing subject to wear but are easily replaced.

4) Gear box - check for noise and leaks.

5) drive chain - check for wear on the sprockets.

I think these units are made for Kubota by Sweepester. The new brushes I got came i boxes with "Sweepster" labelling.

BTW, I have heard that these units make good dethachers but I don't intend to try this with mine as I have 1/2 poly and 1/2 steel rings in my brush and I think the steel would not be kind to the grass.

Good luck.
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kubota Front Mower Sweeper #5  
Hi there! You seem to know a lot about the f3219 attachment for the f3060. :) Do yo happen to have any pictures of how it attaches or can you explain how it attaches to the machine? I am looking to purchase a used sweeper but want to make sure its all in tact before I do and I need to know how it attaches and works first. Can you help me out. I cannot seem to find any pics that show me how it hooks up at all.

Thank you!

ALH