Pallet forks

/ Pallet forks #11  
   / Pallet forks #12  
I picked up some made by Construction Attachements for compact tractors at a local farm show. They have been great. Everything Attachements sells their brand, although the ones I have they do not have on their website. You will never regret getting pallet forks. I use mine more than I use a bucket.

/ Pallet forks #13  
Watch this video, as he tells it like it is. I would probably order the ones in the video now. I have the construction attachments lightweight pallet forks, and they are great, but they are the ones he mentions on the sliding rod, so if you are Unloaded, and moving fast on a sidehill, they will drift downhill on you. Of course this does not happen if there is some weight on the forks, but it can be annoying if you make several trips and have to come back unloaded on an angle. You can mitigate this problem by raising your loader and curling to put more weight on the part of the fork that touches the lower bar and also slowing down your ground speed to not bounce the tractor FEL so that the forks don't bounce around. I have thought about but not implemented the placement of some welding beads on the lower bar to "catch" the forks as they try to slide on the bar.. I have noticed if you don't grease the bar as often, they don't slide as much either:). All in all not a big problem, and otherwise the forks are great, and I have used the heck out of them. If you lived on flatter ground, it would never even be an issue. But SSQA forks in general are great to own, and I will never be without a set.

James K0UA

/ Pallet forks #14  
I got a Construction Attachment set recommended by Everything Attachments after first selecting a Bradco set from their site. They recommended this set because it is built heavier. They must have known my long term plan better than me because they now switch between my L5740 for which I purchased them and my new M135GX. They really do the job.

/ Pallet forks #15  
Those Everything Attachment and WildKat forks look nice.

I never liked the idea of clamp on forks for the bucket, but might be a useful alternative for occasional use.

I've modified some forklift forks to bolt onto my bucket. Right now, set narrow which seems good for my needs, but I haven't moved any pallets. And, I've just left them on the tractor for now, as long as they are more help than hindrance.

The biggest problem with attaching forks to the bucket is you can't see a thing. Those forks with the quick release & see-through guard would be much easier to use.

/ Pallet forks #16  
Correct!
One reason I sold a set of forks was that they weighed about 500lbs! If the loader will only lift 1500lbs you are really limiting what you can pick up if the forks use 1/3 of your total cap. Clamp on forks also present a problem in lift cap., as they force you to have the load further out.

Bill

correct again

/ Pallet forks #17  
Watch this video, as he tells it like it is. I would probably order the ones in the video now. I have the construction attachments lightweight pallet forks, and they are great, but they are the ones he mentions on the sliding rod, so if you are Unloaded, and moving fast on a sidehill, they will drift downhill on you. Of course this does not happen if there is some weight on the forks, but it can be annoying if you make several trips and have to come back unloaded on an angle. You can mitigate this problem by raising your loader and curling to put more weight on the part of the fork that touches the lower bar and also slowing down your ground speed to not bounce the tractor FEL so that the forks don't bounce around. I have thought about but not implemented the placement of some welding beads on the lower bar to "catch" the forks as they try to slide on the bar.. I have noticed if you don't grease the bar as often, they don't slide as much either:). All in all not a big problem, and otherwise the forks are great, and I have used the heck out of them. If you lived on flatter ground, it would never even be an issue. But SSQA forks in general are great to own, and I will never be without a set.

James K0UA

Put some hose clamps or U bolts around the rod, to keep the forks in place. For moving brush, I use a short piece of chain with the ends bolted together, around the fork and the outside of the frame. That allows some flexibility on uneven ground and will allow max dump angle.
P6190001.JPG P6190004.JPG P6190005.JPG P6190007.JPG

Chain on one to show the difference at max dump
P6190011.JPG

/ Pallet forks #18  
Put some hose clamps or U bolts around the rod, to keep the forks in place. For moving brush, I use a short piece of chain with the ends bolted together, around the fork and the outside of the frame. That allows some flexibility on uneven ground and will allow max dump angle.
View attachment 323619 View attachment 323620 View attachment 323621 View attachment 323623

Chain on one to show the difference at max dump
View attachment 323622

Well the forks on mine don't swing out like that, it is just that they will slide. The hose clamps would take more time to put on each time, and require readjustmet for each fork width than I would care to invest. This is not much of a problem, only when moving fast on hilly terrain and after you grease the rod:). So it is no big deal to me. I think my vertical weld beads on the lower square tube bar Idea would work to solve the problem, but it is not enough of a problem for me to get my lazy..... out there and actually do it.

James K0UA

/ Pallet forks #19  
My HLA forks weigh 270lbs at least that is what their site says.

/ Pallet forks #20  
I purchased the Bradco forks from Everything Attachments and I'm very happy with them. The forks were shipped to my local freight terminal where they were loaded onto my 4x8' utility trailer. To my surprise these forks are gray in color, not black, and may match the color of your Kubota's frame. I'll probably repaint them black to match my Yanmar at some point.

Regarding EA's 1000 mile free shipping radius, I was initially charged an extra $20 just for shipping to Maine, but EA was kind enough to remove the fee when I explained the local freight depot was 50 miles within that radius. Depending where you live in NH, you may be on the border of their free shipping zone like I am and want to check the actual travel distances with google maps or some other mapping program.