l4610 remove fel control valve

/ l4610 remove fel control valve #1  

emanaresi

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610
I want to take the fel control valve off of my tractor to try to clean/ repair it. When I disconect the supply and return lines (they dont have quick disconects) will it be okay to just leave tehm open until I can reinstall the valve? I will of course be sure to not start the tractor until I reinstall teh valve, but is it ok to just leave those fittings open? should I tape them up or something?

/ l4610 remove fel control valve
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

/ l4610 remove fel control valve #4  
...... I will of course be sure to not start the tractor until I reinstall the valve.........
I once started my L5450 with an open hose and promptly sprayed oil all over my garage. DOOH!! You could buy a pipe coupling for 2 bucks and kill 2 birds ?

Yeah, I thought of that, but I don't know what thread it is. I'll measure it when I unhook it and if its something easy to get I will couple it.

/ l4610 remove fel control valve #6  
The hose ends have standard JIC 37 degree hydraulic swivel fittings with npt male threads that go into the valve body. You may only need a standard npt pipe coupling, 3/4" or 1/2" depending on the size you have. You can buy a JIC Hydraulic coupling with swivel flares on both ends but they cost more. The npt coupling is about a buck and is plenty strong enough.

Thanks guys, I allready took it off, cleaned and inspected it and reinstalled it. It still does not operate correctly. When I lift the bucket with the lever, it goes up when the lever is pulled part way. When you pull the lever all of the way, it stops going up until you move it back to "slow up". I can't wrap my head around what is going on.

/ l4610 remove fel control valve #8  
The fact that it was taken apart before you got it may be a reason to check it carefully to make sure everything is there and assembled in the right position and order. The attached .pdf is from the K parts website (you probably already have it).

Attachments

• B00500.pdf
    72.6 KB · Views: 207
No, it was installed on the tractor when I got it. I took it off, disassembled it and reassembled it. I didn't realize the issue when I bought it because the lever was adjusted so that it hit the metal trim around it before it got to the spot where it stopped going up. So, it the loader would only lift slowly when you puled it to the "stop".

After I adjusted the linkage, i realized there was some other, problem. I can't figure that out.

I think I may just replace the valve, but I can't pay 700 for one from kubota... What are my best options.

/ l4610 remove fel control valve #10  
It sounds like the spool is being mis-positioned. It wouldn't take much spool travel error to make it goofy. From your earlier post I thought the fourth detent ball was missing when you first opened it up, indicating someone had been in there before. I dunno which valves are decent substitutes - but people will probably chime in. eBay? Surplus Center?