Kubota L60 Dealer Installed Options

/ Kubota L60 Dealer Installed Options #1  

HappyOne

Silver Member
Tractor
L5740HSTC
Which L60 options are installed at the dealer? When pricing recently they seemed to discount the tractor and loader, but all other options seemed to be full retail. It then seems why not just get the tractor and loader and just add options as you need them. Of course this assumes most wanted options are dealer installed.

Are there any options that need to be installed at the factory? Possibly the spill guard? It would seem that hydraulic valves and quick couplers, lights, wipers and such are all dealer installed.

/ Kubota L60 Dealer Installed Options #2  
If I remember correctly it listed dealer installed options on the "Build your Tractor" part of the Kubota site. Things like all remotes were dealer installed on the 40's but I read a thread where somebody said one remote is standard on at least some of the 60's. I also remember the air suspension seat being dealer installed which seemed odd because what do they do with the standard seats if that is how the tractor is shipped? I believe the spill guard is a dealer installed option. At least the self leveling option on my M135GX was dealer installed. I had to wait an extra week for my tractor because Kubota had put the wrong valve in the kit, UPS lost the next day air shipment of the correct valve, so it took 3 times to get it right.

/ Kubota L60 Dealer Installed Options #3  
Any box you check on the build my Kubota will be dealer installed. Some dealers do charge full retail since they do install the options. One dealer I went to did 12% the tractor and loader. They were full retail on the options. I would have only ended up getting 10% off the whole purchase. I found another dealer. On some of the options on my L40 I got in excess of 20% off. They gave me a good discount on the stuff the like the remotes and 3rd function which take a lot of work to install. I installed the small stuff like the radio, rear wiper, and rear work lights. If you don't get the stuff now you will pay for labor to have it put on later.

/ Kubota L60 Dealer Installed Options
Thanks for the info. I can see why they might want full retail on optional stuff. Gotta pay for the shop and staff. Still it's worth knowing if anything needs to be factory ordered. Even buying used, you know what can be added (at a cost).

/ Kubota L60 Dealer Installed Options #5  
I would check around at a few other dealers and see what they charge. I guess if even if they charge full retail it is still a good deal because of the free labor.