BX front counterweight

/ BX front counterweight #1  

shrekbelly

Silver Member
guys,

have bx2360 with fel. just acquired a land pride rtr1250 tiller for august renovation project. how much front end weight do i need to have to run this tiller / balance wise?
i'd much prefer removing the fel an getting a bx bracket to hang weights . . . if it's not cost prohibitive. any thoughts, experiences?

thanks in advance
shrekbelly

/ BX front counterweight #2  
I wouldn't think you needed any extra front weight, but the cheap way is to just put a load in the front bucket. With no FEL on you still might not need front ballast as the tillers are held pretty close to the rear tires unlike a bush-hog.

/ BX front counterweight #4  
guys,

have bx2360 with fel. just acquired a land pride rtr1250 tiller for august renovation project. how much front end weight do i need to have to run this tiller / balance wise?
i'd much prefer removing the fel an getting a bx bracket to hang weights . . . if it's not cost prohibitive. any thoughts, experiences?

thanks in advance
shrekbelly

It is cost prohibitive....trust me.

/ BX front counterweight #5  
From BX2360 manuals:

Loader manual recommends a maximum of 420 pounds on the rear as loader ballast.

Tractor manual recommends a maximum of 275 pounds on the front as rear implement ballast.

Bruce

/ BX front counterweight #6  
What gwdixon said. I bought Kubota weights and bracket to go with a LandPride 42 inch tiller on my BX24.

Expensive. The bracket and weight bolt kit weren't compatible, so the bracket had to be modified. The parts were ordered together but apparently one or the other had been changed mid-stream.

I got the front weights so I could till with the loader off. It's pretty tight navigating around the gardens inside my deer fence. Pulling the loader and mounting the weight kit - which requires removing the brush guard on my machine is such a pain I just leave the loader on and deal with it. The weight of the loader is sufficient couterbalance for the 42 inch tiller.

Too soon old and too late smart,
Z.

/ BX front counterweight #7  
I don't know what your tiller weighs but I used an aerator on my previous BX2360 that weighed just over 500 pounds.With no weights the front of the tractor was very light.I made a set of weights and a bracket for the front that weighed a total of 135 pounds.It helped to control the front of the tractor but more weight would have been better.

/ BX front counterweight #8  
I bought 450# of suitcase weights from Home Depot on line for $60 EA with free shipping. My dealer wanted almost $90 plus shipping for the same thing. My 10% military discount dropped $6 off each. They have JD and MTD both. That way I can vary weight to match loads either front or back on my BX25. Working on building brackets for the 3PT QH and the front. Brackets can cost almost as much as the weights as you need a custom job. I have my own welding gear so make my own custom stuff.

Ron