Kubota B2620 safety switch problem

/ Kubota B2620 safety switch problem #1  

elaway

Tractor
B 2620 Kubota
I really hope someone can help me with this.
I have a Kubota B2620, 2 years old, bought new, (68) hours on meter. Never had any problems until two days ago.
I was using the box blade to get up top soil, and the loader to move it to another area on my lot. That evening I pulled into my barn, switched the machine off, and lowered the tooth bucket and box blade.

When I attempted to start again the next morning, the tractor would not start. The battery is strong,all lights and gauges work, and the (5) fuses in the fuse block all appear to be good.
I went up to the dealer where I purchased and they tell me it's got to be a safety switch. Problem is there are several according to them and I have no idea where they are are how to check them (although I assume it would be with an ohm meter).

So I asked them to come out on a service call and check for me....... they quoted me $100.00 each way (which is only 5 1/2 miles), and $85.00 per hour to analyze with a one hour minimum.
Now they can't load the tractor because it's in the barn with the implements lowered to the ground and the tooth bucket and box blade teeth prevent it from being pulled.

I am no mechanic, but I may could check the switches if I knew where and how to access them.
So I would really appreciate any help anyone cares to share with this problem.

/ Kubota B2620 safety switch problem #2  
These are what are on my Kubota:

Clutch switch- Won't start if clutch isn't pushed in.

PTO switch- Won't start if the PTO is engaged

Seat switch- This won't prevent it from starting. It will kill the motor if no weight in the seat and hydro pedal is pushed.

You may have accidentally bumped the PTO to "ON" when you dismounted the tractor. I have done this. The tractor won't start if the PTO lever is engaged.

/ Kubota B2620 safety switch problem #3  
I had a similar problem on my B3200. In my case it turned out to be that the HST pedal linkage was slightly stuck and that prevented the tractor from starting. I would try starting the tractor and work the HST pedal back and forth to check that, make sure you are in neutral.

/ Kubota B2620 safety switch problem #4  
Almost definitely the hydro pedal. Wiggle it with your foot or hand while trying to start it. Its very common on these, slight jiggling will solve it. There is a zerk under the pedal to grease it which helps.

/ Kubota B2620 safety switch problem #5  
I had a similar issue with my B3200 last night

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-resisted-temptation-b3200-safety-switch.html

I suspected the hydro switch as it cut out when I jumped off and I was not using the PTO. I jumpered the hydro switch and it started. Ultimately the switch had loosened out of adjustment and I adjusted it and all is well. Mine is also 2 years old but with almost 200 hours.

I found this video was very useful - maybe your B2620 is similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvxjsaKeXCw&sns=em

Hope this helps,

Craig

/ Kubota B2620 safety switch problem #6  
I would go with the pto interlock switch. I have knocked mine to "on" and then was unable to start. Easy to do. Also check the seat switch. I have mine "bypassed" by using a wire tie to keep the lever on. Got tired of the tractor shutting down every time I would hot a bump.....

/ Kubota B2620 safety switch problem #7  
Very easy to nudge the PTO lever getting on and off the tractor...just a little bit and the tractor won't start.

/ Kubota B2620 safety switch problem
I would like to thank each of you who responded to my post with your suggestions. I'm sure if the dealer could have gotten my tractor loaded they would have charged me hundreds of dollars for "you name it". When in fact it was a simple fix (even thought it was driving me crazy).
I checked out everyone's suggestion and the last thing I tried was.......had the wife turn the start key while I moved the clutch pedal back and forth as hard as I could with my hands. Bingo, started right up.

Wayne

/ Kubota B2620 safety switch problem #9  
Glad you got it figured out,I will keep this in mind if I have a similar problem.

/ Kubota B2620 safety switch problem #10  
I would like to thank each of you who responded to my post with your suggestions. I'm sure if the dealer could have gotten my tractor loaded they would have charged me hundreds of dollars for "you name it". When in fact it was a simple fix (even thought it was driving me crazy).
I checked out everyone's suggestion and the last thing I tried was.......had the wife turn the start key while I moved the clutch pedal back and forth as hard as I could with my hands. Bingo, started right up.

Wayne

:) I fixed my B7800 when it wouldn't start by squirting dielectric grease in all of the electrical connectors under the seat. Did that and it started. Next time I was stopped on the side of a hill, got a phone call, tuned the tractor off, talked, turned the tractor back on and it wouldn't start. Decided I maybe had a dead spot on starter so moved my body back and forth on seat of tractor till it moved a tad and it started. Next time it wouldn't start I checked connectors under the seat, shoved on the tractor, moved every lever and finally tried starting it again with foot on move it treadle pedal and it started right up. That's how I always got it to start, when it wouldn't from then on. Later I started visiting TBN Kubota Owners Forum and discovered other owners of B7800 were having the same starting problem and it was the foot pedal.
Your tractor has now started after you moved the clutch pedal with your hand so therefore it was the clutch pedal. If you had pushed the clutch pedal in while on the tractor and trying to start it then it would have started without your wife and your hand work. I'm getting to the point of you may have got it to start but it may NOT, I said MAY, have been because of what you did except engaging the clutch pedal which will allow it to start if one of your levers was slightly in a wrong position. I believe that is what was keeping it from starting. Just something to consider. If it won't start, push the clutch in with your foot or reposition all of your levers (move them and then bring them back to neutral position) and I believe it will always start for you. Just a suggestion.
If someone always spits into the wind before starting a lawn mower and it always starts, does spitting into the wind have any effect/impact on the starting process? OK, one day that same someone doesn't spit into the wind and the lawnmower doesn't start. Woah, so spitting into the wind is what gets the lawnmower to start!!!!:eek: This lesson will be passed down to children and grandchildren and generations forever until a stupid kid one days trys starting it without spitting into the wind. Well, you know it has to be because it's a new lawnmower and the lawnmowers have changed.
Any way, glad you saved the big bucks and got it started. I've been there and there is always that feeling of elation :cool2: when it does but there is always that little nagging feeling, maybe way back in the mind, that one day it may not start again.:rolleyes: