3-Point Hitch B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help

/ B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help #1  

spitracer1296

After letting my wife use my B2620 (I know 1st mistake) Ijumped on it to mow the lawn. The first think I find is the 3pt will not raise the arms so the deck won't come up!

I have never had an issue with the tractor and it has around 300 hours on it. If you grab the arms they can be lifted with very little effort (just their own weight) and fall to the bottom position when released with no resistance.

I checked the fluid, little low but well within the marks....topped it off.

I checked the valve under the seat thinking she might have turned it off....no dice! turning it full on and anywhere else does not make a difference.

I looked to see if the linkage had come unconnected, all appears OK.

I hooked up the bucket to see if maybe the hydraulic filter was clogged, bucket raises and lowers with no issue.

At this point I don't know what to do other than take it to the dealer $$$$$$

Could really use some help on this.

Thanks

Chris

/ B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help #2  
I don't know if it could effect it, but check the dial that controls lift and fall rate, maybe it's turned to really slow or something? There's also a disconnect on the 3pt hydraulics on the backside right behind the seat for the bh loop, unlikely but maybe it came undone, which renders the 3pt non functional.

/ B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help #3  
Follow the linkage on the lever and see where it goes and if it is connected. Unhook hydraulic lines and reattach making sure they are clicking into place. Is there a hiss when you push the lift/drop lever either direction?
Ask your wife what she did to tear up your new tractor.:hissyfit:

/ B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help #4  
Sounds like she has to buy a newer/bigger/better tractor cause she broke the old one!!!!!

/ B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help #5  
This happened to me also. The problem was a "roll pin" that fell out where the 3 point linkage hooks into the hydraulics. It is hard to see if it is missing because the pin fits in to a horizontal hole. If the pin is in place you can see the ends of it sticking out. I was lucky in that the pin was laying on the concrete floor in the garage. It is a little hard to get back in due to closeness of everything. I expanded the pin so it'll stay there now. The parts manual says the pin is 5 mm x 25 mm. Now go apologize to the MRS.:) I forgot to mention that if the roll pin was the issue, the 3 pt control lever would be flopping loose in the slot.

Last edited:
   / B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help
OK I'm stumped.

I checked the valve between the legs below the seat, it's open.
I checked the roll pin it's in place and the up down arm doesn't flop around.
I pulled the hydaulic hose and reconnected it at the rear of the tractor.

Told wife tractor is broken need to go bigger......that didn't sit well!

When you move the arm to raise and lower the arms I can hear a click which I believe is the indent (dedent?) ball that the local Kubota dealer was saying might be stuck....so that even sounds like it's working????

So unless you all can come up with something else I guess off to the dealer on Friday i go :thumbdown:

/ B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help #7  
Is there anything jamming the deck that won't allow it to raise? Check for sticks or bent linkages.

/ B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help #8  
Good luck, Spit. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will kick in here.

/ B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help #9  
When you move the 3ph lever to its highest position, do you hear the relief valve kick in?:2cents:

/ B2620 3pt Problem - Need Help
When I move the lever It doesn't sound like there is any activation of a pump....relief valve? is this something that could be cleaned? I had on my racecar the oil pressure release valve stick open and had no oil pressure so I was able to remove the valve clean it and all was OK. I thought this could be the case here but I can't seem to find anything that shows me where to look.....plus the front bucket still works??????

When I move the 3pt lever I hear a click when I start to move it back to the center position from either up or down position.