Piranha tooth bar!!!

/ Piranha tooth bar!!! #1  

dragoneggs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-25D, Kubota Z122RKW-42
All I can say is wow! Came UPS this morning. Installed it with a couple of 3/4in bolts (have to drill two holes, one on each side of bucket). Quick work and wow does it dig! This was awesome in lowering my grade around my garage. Cuts in rocky hard soil. Scooped loose dirt, 3/4in gravel, so much better than the straight edge. If anyone is wondering... definitely worth it! Here is a pic finish graded. Used to be home to several fir trees, ivy, misc concrete fence post bottoms, etc. Now smooth and level. :thumbsup:

IMG_3250.JPG IMG_3251.jpg

/ Piranha tooth bar!!! #2  
Looks nice I've contacted the company about there Piranha tooth bar seems like that's way I am going to go also.:thumbsup:

/ Piranha tooth bar!!! #3  
I agree. Deere dealer told me not to install one it would be hard on the loader. I went for 2 years with just the bucket doing lots of dirt work and always having trouble holding grade. Now it cuts so smoothly and the transmission feels like its working about half as hard. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I think it reduces stress on the loader frame.

/ Piranha tooth bar!!! #4  
If I didn't have a RatchetRake I'd get one of these.
Saw an earlier picture of behind your garage and you've done good work with your BX25 and implements/attachments.:thumbsup:

/ Piranha tooth bar!!! #5  
Very happy with mine. best accessory I have purchased so far. Loader is far more capable with it.

/ Piranha tooth bar!!! #6  
I've got one on the way for my B3200. Just got the UPS notice of shipment yesterday - won't be here until early next week.

I'm really looking forward to getting it - I've got a bunch of digging I need to do.

/ Piranha tooth bar!!! #7  
not crazy about it myself. teeth wear down after a while. a regular toothbar with prlaceable teeth is about the same money and do more damage against rocky hard soil. pointier teeth and bigger gap. That looks more like a tool to use in soil with lots of rrots. Once it is wore down its done. I went with a toothbar with my birthday cash

/ Piranha tooth bar!!! #8  
not crazy about it myself. teeth wear down after a while. a regular toothbar with prlaceable teeth is about the same money and do more damage against rocky hard soil. pointier teeth and bigger gap. That looks more like a tool to use in soil with lots of rrots. Once it is wore down its done. I went with a toothbar with my birthday cash

So you have one of your very own that you have worn the teeth down? How many hours did you use it before the teeth wore down?

/ Piranha tooth bar!!! #9  
If I didn't have a RatchetRake I'd get one of these.
Saw an earlier picture of behind your garage and you've done good work with your BX25 and implements/attachments.:thumbsup:

I have both on my B3200 and can change them out in under 5 minutes. Neither is a replacement for the other. The Piranha stays on the loader over 95% of the time and if I could only have on it would be the Piranha.

Used mine quite a bit in rocky Arkansas soil. If and when it wears down in 10 years I would happily buy another. Both styles of tooth bar have there good and bad points. For mostly dirt work, sapling/brush clearing and grading work I think the Piranha is better. If digging a bunch in larger rocks the larger longer replaceable teeth would be better.

/ Piranha tooth bar!!! #10  
I'm with park on this, but only have the Piranha now. My W.R. Long Flat tooth was sold with the BX, but buy another, I may.