Veteran Member
    Tractor
    BX2200

Default BX2200 Bagger & baseball size walnuts - PROBLEM?

Simple as this... I hate to rake all of the leaves. I have tried mowing them, but the walnut leaves are so sticky, that they kind of hand around a lot.
    I was definite that this year I would get a bagger, and my problems would be gone... Unfortunately, the walnut tree has just begun to remind me that I may still have a problem. There are a WHOLE lot of big hard as stone walnuts falling and hiding in the grass. Will these break the impellor (or anything else for that matter) on the bagger??

Those who own, know.

Thanks!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    L4610,BX2200,ZD28F

Default Re: BX2200 Bagger & baseball size walnuts - PROBLEM?

I would say,yes,the chances of breaking off a piece of the impeller is pretty good...A friend of mine broke a vane off of his impeller just by picking up a stick,now,I didn't see how big a stick it was,but big enough to break something [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

You might try running the deck fairly high to see if it would suck up the leaves,and still leave the Walnuts on the ground.

I know ours will pick up grass,leaves,small sticks,but it won't pick up a Dog Turd,soo it "might" work [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

THERE IS A GOOD POSSIBILITY THEY can dammage the impeller. i have the same problem with wallnuts, i don't use a bagger tho, i usually just hire the small kids down the road to pick them up, and con the lovely bride into doing some of them. i don't like raking leaves either, isue the blower to get them into piles then i pick them up with the waggon and burn them if possible or just dump them in the woods.

Tractor
    BX2200

Rogue,
    I've got walnut trees. While they may not produce baseball sized fruit I'm sure I've injested one or two without a problem. I've also injested sticks, stones, and what I think was a stump from a bush. The shear pin is gonna' give before an inpeller breaks, or so the stump from the bush leads me to believe.
    -- Rock

Platinum Member

"I know ours will pick up grass,leaves,small sticks,but it won't pick up a Dog Turd..."

How big is your dog???? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota BX1800

I got the same problem and last year bought a landscape rake with guide wheels. Although some get through the tine spacing, it works pretty good. Just make passes in opposing directions and I can get most of them.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    L4610,BX2200,ZD28F

He weighs a ton [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New BX2200 4-3-02 (traded 6-08) new B2620 06-08

I don't have a bagger for my Bx. But, I am wondering, what are the impellers made of?

I have a bagger for my Simplicity 7119 and that thing has a blower (or Sucker) on it and it has a heavy steel impeller. I once bagged a rabbit that made a wrong turn at the wrong time next to the old garden. Soft Rabbit was no match.

Oh Ya, Walnut trees. One year it got so bad I had to mow with a hard hat on after one of them drove the button on top of my ball cap into my head. Then, one of them hit me on that shoulder bone that connects to the collar bone. Oh Baby, that one hurt. That tree causes me no pain no more. I taught it to respect the present keeper of the land.

Tom