Kubota Factory Recall

/ Kubota Factory Recall #1  

dullpain

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kioti CK4010SE HST, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.
Got word from my dealer yesterday there is a recall on FEL Hydraulic Hose or Hoses on my M-5700. Sketchy details as of now.

Do not know if this recall includes the other M models or not. I will post details here as I find out.

/ Kubota Factory Recall #2  
Thanks, McCallum, would like to know about this.

Bill Cook

/ Kubota Factory Recall
The story - or part of it. My dealer is about 65 miles from me. He calls and asks if I would mind putting the hose on to save him a service call. I don't mind at all "send me the parts" . I received them and it is 1 (one ) hose only. It happens to be the Power Beyond hose to the FEL. Which is great as I needed to identify the PB hose for future Tip n Tilt work I have planned. I thought if I saved the dealer the service call I may bank a little free advice for the future.

The hose came with a simple instruction sheet with 3 pictures, although the copy was less than clear, anyone with minimal skills can interpret and complete. No other info as to actual Recall #, Which models affected, or Why.

I will call my dealer Monday and see if I can get more details.

FWIW - The FEL valve on my M5700 has a data plate that says

"HUSCO INTERNATIONAL INC." with several numbers below. I did a web search and found them at "www.huscointl.com" I emailed them requesting spec. sheet, schematic, diagram, etc. on this valve . Will let all know if I get anything out of them or not. It would be helpful to know how this thing really works before I get into the Tilt n Tip thing.

/ Kubota Factory Recall #4  
I'll be very interested in Husco's reply (if you get one). I called them, asking for the same information you've requested, and they absolutely refused to tell me anything at all, other than the fact that the valves were made FOR Kubota and that any and all information had to come from Kubota rather than them; claimed they could be sued if they told anyone anything.

Bird

/ Kubota Factory Recall #5  
"claimed they could be sued if they told anyone anything"
I wonder if Kubota & Husco forgot about the right to know act,also consumers safety.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Kubota Factory Recall #6  
I had the same recall notice mailed to me "Certified Mail" which ABSOLUTELY guarantees that I will never get it. The USPS will not bring it up to the house and the Post Office is over 20 miles from me.

I called the dealer and he faxed me a copy of the letter which states " I am writing in regards to your LA1002-68R loader serial number 10082. Kubota did a campaign on loader hoses on June 8, 2000. According to Kubota's records this repair has not been done as of January 16,2001. If you still own this loader please contact your local Kubota dealership to have repairs doen at no charge to you. If you have sold this loader, would you please notify us the new owner's name and address?"

The dealer said they would either send someone out to do the recall or pick up the tractor to do it at no charge.

/ Kubota Factory Recall #7  
wen,
I guess I miss something.
What part of the loader hoses are bad and why or isn't Kubota talking.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Kubota Factory Recall #8  
I believe in a prior post in this thread, it was stated that it was the power beyond hose. I don't think anyone is NOT talking about it.

I just wasn't concerned enough to ask. They said it was free and they would come out and do it or pick up the tractor and do it for no charge. I suspect they have had several problems and would like to fix any before there is additional damage. I have seen a hose at 3000 psi split before, and it can drain a lot of fluid in a hurry. The fluid is also very dangerous if it pierces your skin. The best liability prevention is to remove any potential problem, and that is what they appear to be doing. Based on the dates specified on the recall, the problem has been out there for several months and it looks like the dealers have taken care of the tractors they had access to, and are now contacting everyone else.

/ Kubota Factory Recall
Wish I could tell you guys more about recall. Don't have a recall number, or if it affects other M models or maybe more?? Anybody else had a recall for their Power Beyond hose on FEL? Frankly I just have not made the time to call my Dealer and inquire as I said I would in original post.

On to the Husco Intl. FEL valve. Below is response I got from them. Sounds just like Bird's response.

The 5000-B214 valve is only available to Kubota as it is a special design
for their application. Their part number for the valve is 75540-61013.
Kubota or a Kubota dealer should be your best source for service and
operation data, as well as drawings and parts that you may need.

John Rogers
Marketing Services Manager
HUSCO International
p. 262-513-4227
f. 262-513-4427
e-mail johnr@huscointl.com mailto:johnr@huscointl.com>

I sent a follow up message to Husco inquiring if they or Kubota held a Patent on this valve either separately or jointly. Didn't even get a response. That raised my interest so I searched for the US Gov. Patent web site. It's www.uspto.com. I searched and found Hsuco had 20 patents on varied hydraulic vavles and devices. Searched "Kubota & hydraulics" and came up with 232 patents of all descriptions!!! Everything from trannnys, to HST'S, to 3 PH apparatus, to Backhoe Stuff. I'm still trying to view and sort these patents. You can view and print the text but the GIFF drawings take a special bit of software (link to software on Patent web site) to view and print. Don't ask me " I don't know Giff from Gaff" but got the software and am able to at least look at some of this stuff. If anything comes of this I will let all know. I plan to write Kubota to ask if they have a Patent # on this valve. I hate it when somebody tells me they can't give me the info I want!! Am rather tenacious too!!!!!

/ Kubota Factory Recall #10  
Hi,

I'm not sure I'm following this right. First, the question about the FEL valve is completely unrelated to the recall, right?

Second, why the interest in patents? Is it because they would not tell you about the value?

The "go to kubota" message is a standard practice in many industries where one company provides component parts to another company. I've been up to my eyeballs in this in a different business (computers), but from what I can tell the business practice is commonplace across many industries.

In a nut shell, it goes like this. Kubota goes to Husco and cuts a deal for Husco to be their supplier of FEL valves. This is a big business deal for Husco, but part of the deal is an agreement that Husco only sells the part to Kubota. This is good for both parties because Husko doesn't want the overhead of customer support, warranty claims, and phone calls from people like us, and can sell to kubota for a lower price knowing that Kubota will front-end all the customer support.. Kubota likes it because it prevents Husco from selling to kubota's customers or creating other grey market distribution channels for parts, and Kubota gets the best price and remains the focal point for servicing it's customers. This is a classic OEM supply deal. It's in the automotive industry, computer industry, everywhere. It happens regardless of patents.

Don't know if this helps or if it's even in line with what you are trying to do, but maybe someone will find it interesting.