Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it?

/ Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it? #1  

HappyOne

Silver Member
Tractor
L5740HSTC
Is the top n tilt offered on new kubotas a quality item? I'm thinking of getting one since it's in stock at a local dealer and I get instant gratification.

/ Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it? #2  
It used to be that the cylinders offered in Kubota factory kits were Gannon cylinders, which are very good quality.

Brian

/ Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it? #3  
Mine seem to be but so does Fit Rite and I am sure others. I got mine as part of the package and got a decent discount or so it seemed.

/ Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it?
I know I could save some with a Fit Rite and a few others. It's just nice to get something right away so you can put it to use rather than order and wait. I just want to make sure I don't spend an extra $200 and regret it.

/ Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it? #5  
I doubt that Gannon is making the "TnT" sets for Kubota any longer since Gannon is long gone and it is my understanding that Woods who I believe has also sold out, no longer builds them either.

The Kubota units seem to be a good unit. The one problem that I have seen with them is that they use some of the side links built for a certain size, say a bigger Grand L series tractor on the next frame size down and while it physically fits, you will not get an equal amount of tilt to each side as it should be. :( If you happen to have the tractor that the side link was designed for, then your good to go, but if you have the next size down, then while it will work, it is not really the right unit for that machine.

Something to check on or at least ask about before you get that almost instant gratification. ;)

/ Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it?
I suspect if the side link was sized wrong, you could just put the adjustable on the other side and dial it in, assuming you didn't have to move it too far. Thanks for the replies everyone. I feel better about getting it.

/ Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it? #7  
I suspect if the side link was sized wrong, you could just put the adjustable on the other side and dial it in, assuming you didn't have to move it too far. Thanks for the replies everyone. I feel better about getting it.

(This is what I always recommend to get it right on)

The one that I happen to see was about 2" too long. That is a long way to adjust the link down. You loose a lot of lift. :eek: Yes it can be done, or the other thing is to use different pin hole locations in the clevis.

Whatever works. ;)

/ Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it? #8  
When I install top n tilt kits, I always move to manual adjustable link to the left side while installing the tilt cylinder on the right side.

/ Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it? #9  
IIRC correctly the tnt for the L40 fits a L10, L30, MX4700 and 5100.I adjusted my manual side link a few turns so I have a equal amount of movement.

/ Kubota Factory Top N Tilt worth it? #10  
How about a mini TnT for a BX?