Canopy Adding a Canopy to a Kubota L3400 DT

/ Adding a Canopy to a Kubota L3400 DT #1  

awill99

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6500 4WD with Skid Steer FEL.Mahindra 3616 HST with Skidsteer, Vermeer RT200 Trencher
I just put a Wells Ag powder coated steel canopy on my Kubota. I chose the Well Ag (paid $400 at Kubota dealer)because I have had one on my Mahindra since new and it has survived many tree trimmings and 80 mph tows. I put the about 80 lb canopy on by myself using the Mahindra loader to do most of the heavy work. The attached photos show the key steps. After installing the support brackets on Rops I used 2 each 3 inch wide web come alongs on front and back of mahindra loader (pictues 4-6) to lift canopy in place on top of ROPS. I loosely attached it and the used a board between tractor floor and front of canopy(picture 7) to elevate the front of canopy about 5 degrees above level then tightened mounting bolts and removed board. The heavy weight of the canopy leveled it up. It was very easily done using the loader.

Attachments

• Kubota Canopy Finished Installing (1).JPG
    Kubota Canopy Finished Installing (1).JPG
    160 KB · Views: 616
  • Kubota Canopy Using Board to hold front up.JPG
    Kubota Canopy Using Board to hold front up.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 328
  • Kubota Sitting Canopy on ROPS (1).JPG
    Kubota Sitting Canopy on ROPS (1).JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Kubota Sitting Canopy on ROPS (2).JPG
    Kubota Sitting Canopy on ROPS (2).JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 230
  • WellAg Kubota Canopy Parts (1).JPG
    WellAg Kubota Canopy Parts (1).JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 210
  • WellAg Kubota Canopy Parts (2).JPG
    WellAg Kubota Canopy Parts (2).JPG
    161 KB · Views: 320
  • Wells Canopy Mahindra Picking Up.JPG
    Wells Canopy Mahindra Picking Up.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 297
  • Wells Ag Kubota Label.JPG
    Wells Ag Kubota Label.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 301
   / Adding a Canopy to a Kubota L3400 DT
Some additional pictures.Kubota Backside sitting canopy on ROPs.JPGKubota Canopy Board Close.JPGKubota Canopy Installed Back view.JPGKubota Frontsideside sitting canopy on ROPs.JPGKubota lifting canopy .JPGKubota sitting canopy on ROPs.JPG

/ Adding a Canopy to a Kubota L3400 DT #3  
Looks Nice!

I'd love one, but I spend too much time in the woods. Actually the ROPs is a problem most of the time.

/ Adding a Canopy to a Kubota L3400 DT
I have the reverse situation here- mostly in the sun in the Texas heat. The Mahindra canopy quickly showed me it was worth the money and I didn't waste any time getting one on the Kubota.

/ Adding a Canopy to a Kubota L3400 DT #5  
Are those canopies insulated to kerp your brains from frying ?

/ Adding a Canopy to a Kubota L3400 DT #6  
I have the reverse situation here- mostly in the sun in the Texas heat. The Mahindra canopy quickly showed me it was worth the money and I didn't waste any time getting one on the Kubota.

Yes, if I were out in the open most of the time I'd definitely have one! Still I would like to rig up something the was removable?

/ Adding a Canopy to a Kubota L3400 DT #7  
What's your opinion of the canopy now after using it for the season?