B2620 MMM RPM

/ B2620 MMM RPM #11  
Thus the reason I like buying new machines, because you don't know how the pervious owner treated them.
Reason to run them wide open is the cooling system works better you don't lug the engine which creates more heat and the hydro don't get burned up from lack of cooling or oil flow.
I have 15+ machines and all are always ran at wide open or rated rpm farm tractors, mowers and trenchers some have over 8,000hrs some are near new with no adverse effects from running wide open.

I'm curious, do you drive your vehicles in low gear with your foot to floor on the accelerator to make them run cooler and last longer? This might be the reason I buy new instead of used!

/ B2620 MMM RPM #12  
I'm curious, do you drive your vehicles in low gear with your foot to floor on the accelerator to make them run cooler and last longer? This might be the reason I buy new instead of used!

Everything is built to for a use, vehicles are not able to operate wide open, max load max HP for extended periods of time as there cooling systems cannot handle that.
Ie most new 1/2 tons can pull 10,000+ but they will destroy themselves if you did that for 300,000 miles thus the reason most business use buy right tool for the job.
Almost every brand of equipment is rated to run wide open and at rated horsepower for extend periods. Slow down the engine and the will over heat if you add much of a load. Not to say that I run the posthole digger or unloading auger wide open. But for mowing or ground engaging tasks wide open.
To answer you do I run mine wide open in low only when I need to and when I am done most of my vehicles are only worth what they weight.

/ B2620 MMM RPM
Thus the reason I like buying new machines, because you don't know how the pervious owner treated them.
Reason to run them wide open is the cooling system works better you don't lug the engine which creates more heat and the hydro don't get burned up from lack of cooling or oil flow.
I have 15+ machines and all are always ran at wide open or rated rpm farm tractors, mowers and trenchers some have over 8,000hrs some are near new with no adverse effects from running wide open.

Dealer advised to run at 2,600rpm's, just below the 540 pto mark. Not too mention you are not supposed to run the tractor at full throttle during breaking hours.

/ B2620 MMM RPM #14  
Dealer advised to run at 2,600rpm's, just below the 540 pto mark. Not too mention you are not supposed to run the tractor at full throttle during breaking hours.

The machine needs to be worked on break in, not babied!!

Like posted above, maximum efficiency is achieved at recommended RPM's!!

/ B2620 MMM RPM #15  
Since we are on the subject of MMM rpm and clutch, what do you all do when you have to cross a gravel road or some other obstacle? Obviously, if it was a long stretch I raise and disengage the mower completely. But for short stretches where you don't want to throw some gravel or road dust, I just push the clutch in. However, I do not throttle down. Then I just let the clutch out real slowly as I resume.

/ B2620 MMM RPM #16  
Everything is built to for a use, vehicles are not able to operate wide open, max load max HP for extended periods of time as there cooling systems cannot handle that.
Ie most new 1/2 tons can pull 10,000+ but they will destroy themselves if you did that for 300,000 miles thus the reason most business use buy right tool for the job.
Almost every brand of equipment is rated to run wide open and at rated horsepower for extend periods. Slow down the engine and the will over heat if you add much of a load. Not to say that I run the posthole digger or unloading auger wide open. But for mowing or ground engaging tasks wide open.
To answer you do I run mine wide open in low only when I need to and when I am done most of my vehicles are only worth what they weight.

Have you had overheating issues while mowing? It has yet to move from the normal operating range on mine (rpms are @ the PTO mark to clarify)

/ B2620 MMM RPM #17  
Is it not good to run full throttle in low gear? The manual says full throttle when using the mmm so that's what I've been doing. I would never take the dealers word over the manual. Not my dealer anyway.

/ B2620 MMM RPM
Mower manual says to run at full throttle. Tractor manual says to run mid pto level or 2600 rpms. Personally for flat mowing flat mowing I run 2600-2700 rpms, mowing hills that require transmission power to climb I throttle up a little bit.

/ B2620 MMM RPM #19  

The machine needs to be worked on break in, not babied!!

Like posted above, maximum efficiency is achieved at recommended RPM's!!

I'm not trying to badger anyone nor am I trying to pick arguments, but I just want to give another perspective. I think there is a little too much emphasis being put on cooling system design and rpm overheating. I beleive there is a happy medium between running wide open and lugging an engine. I don't think running the engine at 2500 rpm could even be close to considered lugging the engine while mowing, heck 2000 rpm isn't either. I probably run mine about 2400, but it's more about blade speed than engine loading or effenciency. I have never had any issues with any of my equipment overheating when not running wide open. My old Kubota was only rated at 17 hp and it ran a 60in deck just fine so I really don't see how my newer 26hp needs to run wide open to accomlish the same task or would be considered lugging the engine if not running wide open nor is it going to overheat by not running wide open. As far as effenciency, I don't think it's maximum effenciency to run an engine at wide open full power when only using maybe 25% of it's power. I think the recommended mower rpm is more about blade speed, which has already been mentioned. So, I think I will take my chances and not run my mower wide open for mowing. Thank goodness they put a throttle on these machines, I think I will use it. The good thing about this is that everyone can run their tractor the way they want to and hope for the best, but in reality these kubotas will run for a very long time no matter how you run it (within reason of course). :thumbsup: Just my :2cents:

/ B2620 MMM RPM #20  
As someone trying to learn about sub-compact tractors this thread has been both informational and entertaining. Thanks.