B2620 MMM RPM

/ B2620 MMM RPM #1  

josolar

What should I run the rpm's at on my B2620 while running a 60inch Mid mower? The dealer said 2500 rpm, slightly lower then what the rear Pto calls for.

/ B2620 MMM RPM #2  
I run around 2500-2600 with my 54 inch deck.

/ B2620 MMM RPM #3  
I run mine ( MMM 60 inch deck) at 2600 - 2800 rpm, but may go check the manual.

/ B2620 MMM RPM #4  
Ive been running at 2500 and satisfied on the performance.

/ B2620 MMM RPM #5  
The manual says full throttle

/ B2620 MMM RPM #6  
The manual says full throttle

Yeah, mine reads the same now that i checked it. But I don't mow at full throttle because it doesn't seem necessary to me.

/ B2620 MMM RPM #7  
So it's ok to run lower rpms? I just recently started using my mmm and am not a big fan of it so far. Still trying to figure out my yard with it. I just read a post about adjusting the dck for the best performance so that's next. I would rather not run at full throttle if its not a Problem.

/ B2620 MMM RPM
Based on the sound of the engine and mower, 2600rpms seems about right. Its what the dealer recommended, uses less gas, and works well. Full throttle seems a bit much. Of course it is important to lower the throttle all the way down before engage/disengaging the PTO.

/ B2620 MMM RPM #9  
Yeah, mine reads the same now that i checked it. But I don't mow at full throttle because it doesn't seem necessary to me.

Thus the reason I like buying new machines, because you don't know how the pervious owner treated them.
Reason to run them wide open is the cooling system works better you don't lug the engine which creates more heat and the hydro don't get burned up from lack of cooling or oil flow.
I have 15+ machines and all are always ran at wide open or rated rpm farm tractors, mowers and trenchers some have over 8,000hrs some are near new with no adverse effects from running wide open.

/ B2620 MMM RPM #10  
Thus the reason I like buying new machines, because you don't know how the pervious owner treated them.
Reason to run them wide open is the cooling system works better you don't lug the engine which creates more heat and the hydro don't get burned up from lack of cooling or oil flow.
I have 15+ machines and all are always ran at wide open or rated rpm farm tractors, mowers and trenchers some have over 8,000hrs some are near new with no adverse effects from running wide open.

I'll have to try it and see how it goes. Can't say mowing has been much of a stress as opposed to some of the other chores like box blading or hauling a big load in the FEL. But if it doesn't hurt and maybe I'll mow a bit faster why not?

Would help get the blade speed up a bit. That's a big plus.