Need Help with 60" MMM on new B2620

/ Need Help with 60" MMM on new B2620 #1  

kehi66

Tractor
None- currently looking
Guys just got me new B2620 several weeks ago and so far only put 4 hrs on it. Anyway, I mowed the yard twice with it and then took the deck off due to some loader work in very unlevel ground. For the life of me I cannot get the deck installed back on the tractor. I have gotten the deck back underneath and hooked the pto shaft up but for some reason cannot get the lower lift arms to align with vertical welded lift plates on the deck. I have the height adjustment on 0 and can freely move the lift arms up and down. My problem is they do not move side to side as I believe they are not designed to. I took a tape measure today and measured from center to center of the welded lift plates on the deck and got 20 3/4". I did the same on the lower lift arms and got approx 22" center to center. Needless to say I am stumped and have no idea how the dealer had this installed upon delivery as it has turned into a royal pita. Thanks for any assitance

/ Need Help with 60" MMM on new B2620 #2  
I have a 54 inch deck on my B2620 but have a similar situation.I didn't take measurements so I can't compare that.I have had the deck off and on an at least six times now and I have to wiggle and play with the arms but I get them on.It doesn't work as smooth as the two BX tractors that I have had.I did try to bend the lift arms in but they are quite strong,they did come in a bit.Then I hit the uprights on the deck with a ten pound mall to bend them in a bit.You are not the only one that has had this problem.If you can't get the deck on at all,you should call your dealer.Good luck.

Last edited:
   / Need Help with 60" MMM on new B2620 #3  
I don't think the lift arms are suppose to move side to side....at least not very much. If you are in line with with the connection clevises, you move the deck side to side....and just muscle it around a bit for the clevis to pop in. At least that's the way mine goes on. I don't do the drive over method. Either on concrete or in level field, I push the deck under from the side. Sometimes I remember to lift the front with the FEL (if it is mounted) which gives a little more clearance, but this isn't absolutely necessary on my 60 inch MMM. Cheers, Mike Humm.....are sure you are at the rear attacnment slots on the MMM?

/ Need Help with 60" MMM on new B2620 #4  
Check the stabilizers on the three point lift. Adjust them to allow the three point arms to move freely in or out. See if that helps.

/ Need Help with 60" MMM on new B2620 #5  
Aren't we talking about a MMM not a RFM?.....I get confused easily.:confused:

/ Need Help with 60" MMM on new B2620 #6  
Guys just got me new B2620 several weeks ago and so far only put 4 hrs on it. Anyway, I mowed the yard twice with it and then took the deck off due to some loader work in very unlevel ground. For the life of me I cannot get the deck installed back on the tractor. I have gotten the deck back underneath and hooked the pto shaft up but for some reason cannot get the lower lift arms to align with vertical welded lift plates on the deck. I have the height adjustment on 0 and can freely move the lift arms up and down. My problem is they do not move side to side as I believe they are not designed to. I took a tape measure today and measured from center to center of the welded lift plates on the deck and got 20 3/4". I did the same on the lower lift arms and got approx 22" center to center. Needless to say I am stumped and have no idea how the dealer had this installed upon delivery as it has turned into a royal pita. Thanks for any assitance

Seems odd they are that far off. I do the srive over method on the grass. I do think in the manual they have a chart of where to set the deck height to based on the anti-scalp settings.

i think I set my rollers at "D" and I leave the deck height dial to about 1.5. I line up the lift arms when I drive over, and then I drive into the deck. As long as I'm lined up well enough, the hanger tabs on the deck basically seat themselves into the lift arms. If I miss, well it pushes the deck...

I drive into the lift arms, then let the pins go. Usually getting one side is easy. Since I'm on grass, the other side if never totally even and a bit of muscle is needed to line them up. After that I hook the front in, then attach the PTO shaft last.