Oil & Fuel Over heating

/ Over heating #1  

Brutus51

Tractor
BX25
Hello. I have a BX 2360 and have owed it for the past year and a half... I have just less than 100 hours on it and have done the 50 and 100 hour service on it myself.. I have followed the Kubota owners manual on what do do at which service.. No issues with any of that... The owners manual says that the antifreeze doesn't need changed till the 400 hour service but it seems when I work the engine a little harder than just mowing grass it heats up more than normal... I guess the weather may have a little to do with it but it heats up to just below the red and that seems to me to be a little to hot to be running it at... Any suggestions?

/ Over heating #2  
Have you checked the radiator screen? Sometimes there is a build up of debris that needs to be cleaned out.

/ Over heating #3  
Do a search, there is a lot of threads on the issue. The general consensus is the gauge just reads high, but its not overheating. I even took a point and shoot thermometer on mine and it wasn't overheating. As long as it doesn't get in the red, it seems its ok.

/ Over heating #4  
If it was "overheating" you would know it. The tractor would go into limp mode and reduce engine power and possibly shut off before damaging itself.

Check your radiator screen. It is probably clogged.

ac

/ Over heating #6  
You could also add some 'water wetter' or similar to the rad.. Increases cooling efficiency.

Amazon.com: Red Line 80204 Water Wetter - 12 oz.: Automotive

Yup...we use the stuff in our race car and it works wonders, allows the engine to run a few ticks cooler and speeds cool-down during cautions or after the racing's done. I've beem told it works by reducing the surface tension of the coolant, allowing better heat transfer, and although I'm no scientist I'd put money down that it also draws more heat away from the cylinders and into the water jackets by the same principle.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Over heating #7  
You could also add some 'water wetter' or similar to the rad.. Increases cooling efficiency.

Amazon.com: Red Line 80204 Water Wetter - 12 oz.: Automotive

Yup...we use the stuff in our race car and it works wonders, allows the engine to run a few ticks cooler and speeds cool-down during cautions or after the racing's done. I've been told it works by reducing the surface tension of the coolant, allowing better heat transfer through the radiator, and although I'm no scientist I'd put money down that it also draws more heat away from the cylinders and into the water jackets by the same principle.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Over heating #8  
If it was "overheating" you would know it. The tractor would go into limp mode and reduce engine power and possibly shut off before damaging itself.

Check your radiator screen. It is probably clogged.

ac

Where does this "limp mode " come from?? if the engine is reducing power from overheating you are getting into the area where possibility of serious damage is happening and you need to correct the problem as I have yet to see the Kubota Super Mini or 05 series engine have a engine control computer that cuts power when over heated.

Do check the screens and radiator for clogging, check coolant for proper level and get a thermometer to check gauge calibration as some sender, gauge combinations are not the best for accuracy.

David Kb7uns

/ Over heating #10  
Yeah, no limp mode on the small Kubota tractors that I know of.

You guys got me checking so I pulled my owner's manual:

"Engine Overheat"
If the engine gets overheated the indicator lamp on the meter panel lights up and the following messages appear alternately:
"Overheat" - "Eng SLOW"

ac