R4 to R1 swap - is this a fair deal?

/ R4 to R1 swap - is this a fair deal?
Well I think I am going to trade with the dealer on Saturday.

What's the widest the R1 rears can be set out? I don't have my manual with me here at home.

Pulled the R4's off today and loaded them in the truck. I took a bunch of pics, cause I know my tractor ain't gonna look nearly as good with the R1's, but how it looks don't matter much when I'm stuck I guess

Sure looks funny sitting on jackstands

R1_1_zps17d73b4e.jpg

R1_2_zpsf01b98b0.jpg

I measured with the R4's and 3" wheel spacers and got the following:

Inside of tires 36"
Center of tread 51"
Edge of tread 64"
Sidewall to sidewall 67"

R1_3_zpsc078ee21.jpg

Looked in my manual at the shop and see that with the R1's, widest I can set them stock is 50.8" center of tread. So with the 3" wheel spacers they should be right at 57". But I think the R1's are 11" wide, right? So that should put them about 68" sidewall to sidewall, so right at the same as with the R4's. I was hoping to get a little more wider stance with them matched up to the 3" wheel spacers.

I'll post some pics when I get them on.

/ R4 to R1 swap - is this a fair deal? #13  
I disagree, nothing looks meaner than a set of ag tires on a tractor. It just makes it look tough. :thumbsup:

/ R4 to R1 swap - is this a fair deal? #15  
I disagree, nothing looks meaner than a set of ag tires on a tractor. It just makes it look tough. :thumbsup:

Absolutely agree! I don't really like the looks of R4's. they look like they have no tread right from the start, and it only gets worse! I'm looking forward to seeing your tractor with R1's.

/ R4 to R1 swap - is this a fair deal? #16  
Don't know if it's too late, but I would look at foaming the rear tires over beet juice. You will never get a flat and you can throw away your air gauge.
Just a thought.

/ R4 to R1 swap - is this a fair deal? #17  
I also like the look of Ag tires on a tractor. Like the performance even better.

R-4's just don't work for me.

/ R4 to R1 swap - is this a fair deal? #18  
$500 for the swap is a fair deal.

Did you check to see if a larger/wider set of Ag's are available?

Thought about that. The ones for the L4600 are next size up model tractor anyway and they are 14-24 I think? Seems the 11-24 are about 43" tall and the 14-24 were about 46". Also I didn't know about the tire ratio for 4x4, although I'd guess it's the same being they are L series but may very well not be.

/ R4 to R1 swap - is this a fair deal? #20  
I'm happy with the R-1s' on my 3800 and don't want to change, just wondering if the next size would work.