Kubota L2900

/ Kubota L2900 #1  

MNnAR

Tractor
New Holland TC-30, 4x4, Hydro
I'm trying to find out if there are any current or previous Kubota L2900 owners out there who could comment on the capabilities or anything unique to this model tractor. I have about 7 acres of land, somewhat hilly, that is partially cleared and 400 ft of gravel driveway. I have a chance to buy a used L2900 that I'd use for general purpose work - bush hogging, box blading, loader work, ground leveling, clean-up etc. I don't know a whole lot about this model tractor but considering it's a 32 horse, 4 wd with a loader, I think it would probably serve most of my needs.

Any comments would be appreciated.

/ Kubota L2900 #2  
We've got an L2850 where I work that is used primarily for finish mowing approx. 10 acres of ground .It is also used for plowing snow in winter. Ours is a 2wd but it's even pulled an 8ft harrow section in our food plot! I believe the 2900 would be ample tractor for your needs. The L2850 is the reason that I've purchased two Kubota's to date. If I told you the number of hours on this machine( It's a 1984 and was used at least 10hrs a day for the first 12 yrs our prison was opened!) you would think I was lying!! We've replaced numerous sets of tires, 3 alternators, and 1 clutch to date. Again this tractor has a LOT of hours and still runs like a champ. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota L2900 #3  
C'mon Mike! Tell us how many hours the L2850 has on it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota L2900 #4  
Our L2850 at work looks like a sight. The floor boards all rusted out and scrap steel has been welded over whats left, I think it was repainted at one point, none of the instraments work anymore, the loader frame has been welded back togeather several times. In short: it has been well used over the years, and although there is no way to tell how many hours are on it (it stopped keeping track at 1001, years and years ago) it still runs great, starts right up in the winter for plowing, and has more "balls" for its size than the BX2200 we have. Its a good tractor.