Block Heater for L235DT and front crank spline/nut

/ Block Heater for L235DT and front crank spline/nut #1  

uchytil

Tried to get a block heater from Kubuta - not made anymore. I saw a KAT 11409 with a 3/4 thread for the L models. Does anyone know if this will work and where it goes. KAT says right front. Can't find anything in that area that would work.

I want to rotate the engine for valve adj. The large nut behind the spline is barely accessible. I can't get any socket on the spline and would need a huge deep well socket. Anyone know the best way for this model - size of a spline socket ot what the large nut size is.

Thanks - John

/ Block Heater for L235DT and front crank spline/nut #2  
what part of the country are you in? trouble starting? all glow plugs working properly?

/ Block Heater for L235DT and front crank spline/nut
what part of the country are you in? trouble starting? all glow plugs working properly?

Michigan. Not sure how to test them but even so a block heater would be nice.

I just checked all plugs - good as they show no open. Cleaned all connections to like new. I have a voltage drop to 8.4 volts from 12.1 at the batt. So, they operate at 8.4 volts. Does that seem reasonable? I can't find any specs on them. The next step is to adj. the valves so I still need to figure out that (turning the front spline/nut). Still looking for some advice. Also, still considering the KAT block heater. I still cannot find where it goes if in fact the 3/4 NPT unit is what I need.

/ Block Heater for L235DT and front crank spline/nut #5  
I have an l245dt and from my research I determined the freeze plug heaters were not great for these old Kubotas. I ended up installing the lower radiator hose heater. I live in indiana and if its 20* out and I plug in the heater an hour or so before I want to use it the tractor starts like its July. Just a thought for you this method seemed to work well for me.

Thanks EBUX!. I just have to determine what size hose it is. The Kubota dealer near me can't tell me what size it is without ordering a hose. I figured they would know something or it's a trade secret? I even told them the voltage drop at the glow plugs was 3.7 volts and they said they had no idea about that either. I think they want me to trailer it there so they can make some coin. Here's a thought: anyone that has an older Kubota, like a 235 or 245. Could you do a voltage check and let me know what you get? Check batt voltage first. And then put the neg lead to ground and pos to one of the glow plug terminalls, heat the plug for a second and see what reading you get. The difference is drop - that's what I'm curious about. BTW EBUX, what size heater did you get and what make?

/ Block Heater for L235DT and front crank spline/nut #7  
If I remember right it was 1 1/4", 600 W and its the the Katz brand they sell at TSC. When I first got my tractor I removed the glow plugs and bench tested them. I think there's only 1 that's tough to pull.