Bota met its match

/ Bota met its match #1  

Chris2

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 HST
Some of you my get a kick out of the 2nd "tractor"
I was digging out a few trees a while back with the little Bota and got one it couldn't drag out of the hole. So instead of trying to dig a ramp to get the stump out I went got my BIG orange "tractor".

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 591
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 569
   / Bota met its match #2  
Nice "tractor"! Did you get the stump out?

/ Bota met its match #3  
The kids look like there having a ball. Enjoy them, you turn around and there grown.

/ Bota met its match
Oh yea got the stump, the Jeep knows very few boundary’s.
Yea they had a blast in the hole they were very upset when I filled it in.

/ Bota met its match #6  
Please be careful letting young kids play in holes like that. It is so easy for a side to collapse and if things fall the right direction you could have a child buried instantly. It wasn't too long ago where some kids got killed while playing in a hole dug by an excavator and the sides collapsed on them. Stumps and pits I'm digging are off limits to my kids. My daughter understands why as I explained to her what happened to some other kids who were playing in dangerous places. I am sorry for being the safety police on this, I just don't want to see any children hurt or killed that could easily be prevented.

I remember growing up and I know I would have been right there just like your kids and probably in a lot worse places as well but I'm lucky in that I didn't get hurt but since I've grown up and am around equipment and these things a lot more I see how fast things can go bad when cutting blown down trees or digging deep holes in the ground for various reasons.

/ Bota met its match
Robert I knew someone would chime in on that. The pic is deceiving of how deep the hole realy is, it's not as deep as it looks. The soil in my yard is like digging through rock the sides weren’t going anywhere. When I first bought the place I had to borrow an auger to plant wife’s flowers.

/ Bota met its match #9  
Please be careful letting young kids play in holes like that. It is so easy for a side to collapse and if things fall the right direction you could have a child buried instantly. It wasn't too long ago where some kids got killed while playing in a hole dug by an excavator and the sides collapsed on them. .

This is spot on. I gasped when I saw that picture. Deep holes with steep sides are a recipe for losing lives. I understand the fun they may have but be cautious, please.

/ Bota met its match
"dug by an excavator"
This hole was dug with a small backhoe. Again the hole was only around 5.5' deep and in NO danger of colapsing.

Last edited: