Kubota Top N Tilt problem

/ Kubota Top N Tilt problem #1  

PSDStu

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota, M7060 HDC12, L4060 HSTC, RTV 1140
I recently installed the Kubota TNT on my L4060 and I have noticed that the Side Link cylinder leaks down/extends after awhile..... and I have to keep retracting it.....does anyone else have this problem with there Kubota Hyd Side link?

Would this be a Side link or Rear Remote issue?

Thanks!

/ Kubota Top N Tilt problem #2  
Assuming you have no hydraulic leaks, it could be either the cylinder (side link) or the valve (rear remote).

/ Kubota Top N Tilt problem #4  
Any non DPCV hydraulice top link or sidelink I have used has leaked down some, I am having my Shop Foreman check with Kubota to see if mine are excessive. I have just become accustomed to bumping it back up every now and then. I just got a new hydraulic top link from MtnViewRanch to put on our M8540 but we are running a pull type bush hog right now and haven't used it yet, so I can't say about it.

/ Kubota Top N Tilt problem
Thanks for the link to the other post..... I had not read it....... I will run the test MtnViewRanch wrote and go from there.

This is the Kubota TNT kit and if I cannot get the Side Link to stay where I put it.... I will return the Kit and ask my dealer for a refund.

/ Kubota Top N Tilt problem #6  
Thanks for the link to the other post..... I had not read it....... I will run the test MtnViewRanch wrote and go from there.

This is the Kubota TNT kit and if I cannot get the Side Link to stay where I put it.... I will return the Kit and ask my dealer for a refund.

Good luck and keep us informed, I am still waiting to hear back from my dealer on mine.

/ Kubota Top N Tilt problem #7  

Good luck on getting your money back.

Following MtnViewRanch's instructions and disconnecting the hoses from the remote..... the side link cylinder did not move...... I now have the hoses hooked back up to the remote and will see if the side link drops.

If it's the rear remote control valve then I'm not sure where to go from there.... also.... I'm not sure which model Rear Remote Valve or Valves I have installed... I'm not sure if they are Double Acting or Float Detent.....does anyone know how to tell?????.... or if it would make a difference on the Side link droping????

/ Kubota Top N Tilt problem #9  
The float detent vave differs in that you can extend the control lever farther forward and it will hit a detent that holds the lever in that position. When in detent position the cylinder will extend or retract letting the implement float with the terrain. I have float detent on the top link cylinder and not the side cylinder and they both leak slowly down and would need adjusted a couple of times a day. These are Kubota top and tilt and valves.

Just checked and after about 4 hours the Side Link droped down about an inch...... this is with my 6' Bush Hog hooked up...... sounds like this is probably going to be something I am just going to have to learn to live with.