1 Year Anniversary of being a Tractor Owner: Kubota L3200

/ 1 Year Anniversary of being a Tractor Owner: Kubota L3200 #1  

damedic

Tractor
Kubota L3200
Just found this forum and want to say Greetings to all! :)

Just approaching my 1st anniversary of being a tractor owner. Bought our Kubota L3200 last August and got it delivered just about 365 days ago.

It has been a real fantastic piece of machinery. Have done so much with it on our 1.63 acres.
I got a front loader, a quick hitch disconnect (love this invention) and fork lift with backrack attachment.
Later on thru some auctions, I got a Brush hog and a box scraper.

Glad I found this forum, as I am sure I will need help as time goes by. Like now...

Is anyone on here at the moment that can assist? I can't find what I did with the owners manual - I can't remember how to open the hood. I have looked everywhere for the latch, and can't seem to locate it. I would like to do some minor maintenance.

Thank you

/ 1 Year Anniversary of being a Tractor Owner: Kubota L3200 #2  
I have a Kubota L4400. My hood latch is on the top front of the hood. I turn it to the right-clockwise to open. I don't know if the L3200 is the same.

/ 1 Year Anniversary of being a Tractor Owner: Kubota L3200 #3  
I have a Kubota L4400. My hood latch is on the top front of the hood. I turn it to the right-clochwise to open. I don't know if the L3200 is the same.
Can you call your local dealer? Just a thought.

/ 1 Year Anniversary of being a Tractor Owner: Kubota L3200
No, that did not help.

It is amazing with the vastness of Google and how it has helped me in the past for many things, I can't get an answer to my questions: Where is the Hood Latch for the Kubota L3200; or How to open hood on Kubota L3200. Could not find a single hit/post.

Although I did find a few answers... and now, I know how to open the hood on a L3600, L4600, and now I know how to open your hood Creekbend on a L4400. But dadgum it, I don't know how to open the L3200 Hood. Where is that latch? :confused: and :mad:

This is so embarrassing. I have opened a few times in the year that I have had it. The last time IIRC, took me a while as well. But I did find it. But for the life of me...

Anyway, had a bite to eat, cool beverage and cooled down a little. I going to go look again.

And Creekbend, thank you so much for such a quick reply. This only confirms my thoughts that joining with the TBN forum was a good thing. I will be getting assistance when needed. Thank you and an advanced Thank you to the forum. Have a great afternoon.

/ 1 Year Anniversary of being a Tractor Owner: Kubota L3200 #5  
:welcome: from Texas!

There is also a Kubota section of this forum, and someone there is likely to have the answer to your question.

Again, welcome!

/ 1 Year Anniversary of being a Tractor Owner: Kubota L3200 #6  
Welcome, hopefully Bullitt finds this and can help you.

Oh my goodness... :p

My wife asked me why I was grumbling, and going back & forth from computer and outside. I told her I couldn't find the silly latch for the hood on the tractor! She then proceeded to get her tablet and started touching & swiping. I asked her what she's doing? When she told me, "Of course I had to say - you won't find anything, I already looked" I was the MAN!

Well, she proceeded to look, determined to find something. I was right, Sorta... she said "Here I got it! Look, the hood hinges at the back and it swings up like a car. The latch has to be at the bottom at the front". Again I had to say, "I know that, but it aint there. I looked, I saw that image of the tractor with the open hood too. I went out many times, after seeing different things. I can't find that silly latch!!!

Well, she proceeded to go outside with this knowledge (that she gleaned from the picture of a Kubota L3200, which is like ours, with the open hood).
And wouldn't you know it... within a minute or so I can hear her from the barn: "If Men would just pay attention to their wives every now and then, we can fix their problems"
And she proceeded to continue as she was getting closer to the house, "Send a woman to do a Husbands job" She was all like :cool2:

I went outside and sure enough the hood was open! :eek: Man do I feel like :duh:
I was just beside myself trying to find that latch, and when I did find it, I saw that little "Do-hickey" thing but I thought it was a zip tie!
I should have just pulled it anyway, Man I was like: :pullinghair:

Being the good husband, I thanked her and told her that she was my hero - she is a :wonderwoman:

Anyway, thanks to all.

Being a newbie here, :newhere: I will keep this forum bookmarked.

Have a great rest of your weekend and may your week be a pleasant one.
As for me, I'm gonna get out & do some more Tractorin'

/ 1 Year Anniversary of being a Tractor Owner: Kubota L3200 #8  
Rut ro you now might have to give up your man card.:eek::D

I took the honorary :eek:ath:, to be a man for life. No quitting, and no resigning.
The card stays - :laughing: out loud.

Side Note: I did some "Manly" things today and... helped my wife make dinner!
Grilling steaks on the Bar-B with lots of veggies: :tomato: :chilipepper: :carrot: and :saltpepper:

Thanks, all.

Location of Hood Latch: Kubota L3200

Oh, my Bad :eek:,

I forgot to say where the latch was. In case someone else can't locate it.

It is on the Right side/Left side if sitting in the seat, below the front of the hood.
Find Metal Tab about 2" x 2" - is very visible.
Behind that (I really think it was hiding from me) is a circular looped wire. Pull on that.
Hood latch will disengage & open the hood.

Pic to follow. Don't know if this will work, new at this. But learning all the time.

Thanks again all :thumbsup:

Kubota Hood Latch.jpg

Last edited: